View Single Post
      11-28-2022, 04:10 PM   #896
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Speed/acceleration isn't everything. My modded M235 makes around 370whp/400wtq and is plenty fast for a street car for me. With all the mods I've done, the car is just amazing and impresses me even after nearly 7 years of ownership. I recently picked up a 265hp 2011 Cayman 6MT as a "fun" car. The Cayman is a much slower accelerating car than the M235, but it is immensely more entertaining and engaging to drive even in stock from. I'm 48 and gave up worrying about how fast my cars are compared to the other guy a LONG time ago.

I have a lot of respect for the acceleration of all dual motor Teslas, but after experiencing it a number of times, it grows a bit old. It's always fun, but after a while it's like riding that the same roller coaster, over and over again.

And I certainly don't believe EVs will be the future. That "2035" date will also come and go as it is simply not feasible on so many levels. EVs will be part of the future and maybe even a good portion of it, but the dealership sales floor and road will be shared with ICE, various types of hybrids, and other means of propulsion.

For EVs to really be successful, automakers need to get past the power/acceleration wars and focus on good acceleration (0-60s in the 6 to 7 second range), long service range, and 5 minute or less charging ability. The vast majority of the public doesn't need nor want 9 to 13 second EVs.

Last edited by XutvJet; 11-28-2022 at 04:16 PM..
Appreciate 1
Cos270608.50