02-09-2021, 03:30 PM   #16
Neg89
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e89 3,5i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurcher View Post
??Any video of the issue happening?
No video recorded and now it is snow outside,no way to do it 2+months.

I think i described the issue that it is understandable.

So, after sharp steering input to any side ,car starts rocking from one direction to another multiple times, even to level that it continue forever.The wheels are not skidding.The feel and movements of steering wheel is very similar to superbike or naked motorcycle front wheel wobble, but at much slower rate. Like someone turning the st wheel to ride slalom between cones which are set 5meters from each other.

updated info
What has been tested so far=
Alignment done at least 5 times,no change.
Swapped the wheels n tires for test from identical car but other wheels , no change.
Changed dampers front and rear (same springs), stiff as concrete but no luck, maybe even worse.(actually rear dampers changed, front bilstein b6 are customized at suspension shop)
Changed front strut bearings, no change
Disconnected font stabilizer , no positive change.
Swapped EPS, no luck.
Changed EPS parameters, no culprit.
Added strut brace, no difference.
Checked steering shaft u joints, seems no play.
Every known bushing,bearing tested in at least 5 shops and by myself
The front rims are 8.5 with 235 tire, and ET is exactly 29, as OEM 8"is.
(But maybe,maybe the car seemed less bad with 225tire,albeit far from normal.)

Setup. Front control arms from m3,sway bars H&R, poly RTABS changed to OEM not tested yet, new 235/265 tires. Eibach sport springs (- aprox 10mm ), Big brakes front and rear .

I think this must be included as well

One of the most recent "inteligence" is the fact that , in normal mode stability is much better than in dsc off or any sort modes. And no, i am not going sideways and not noticing this.

The car is more stable when hard on gas (less weight on front axle). The feel is that torsion bar inside the EPS is twisting too much,but it is hard to believe.Also i changed the rack with another,and also switched eps motors.The same. It feels that car needs the steering damper. Yesterday i started to think that the happening can bet wheels turning back from turned too quickly and overcompensate themselves, then again overcompensate and so on. I found interesting part on this material page 99.This is very similar to what is happening. https://e89.zpost.com/forums/attachm...6&d=1337384167

Last edited by Neg89; 02-10-2021 at 03:06 AM..
Appreciate 0