12-28-2020, 05:48 AM   #1
Neg89
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e89 3,5i

Exclamation Unique severe handling stability issue

Hello.
I have 2011 35i,

Almost a year i have been tracing down severe handling issue. Spent days on reading every post about suspension and handling.

Issue description.

The faster u go the worse it gets. Say you drove 70+km/h or faster. You snatch the steering wheel fast to one side. Cars front end starts to wiggle left,right left to level where it feels that the shake would never settle down. U can actually see the steering wheel oscilating left,right,left.
If snatch the steering wheel not so hard then the front of car shakes left,right,left and stops after some movements.

Steering feels rubbery,suspension is now stiff as rock, but steering is not. It feels so unstable its nightmare to drive fast. Slow response,then overresponse, then need to compensate, then compensate another way.
None of my cars did it , before had e85 which was not stable car at all, but much more stable than this.
Interesting that all the time i drive`d and tested car with dsc and other stuff completely off. But once testen in normal mode i fell the car is more stable (but far from normal), after switching to sport or sport+ all gets worse.

What has been tested so far=
Alignment done at least 5 times,no change.
Swapped the wheels n tires for test from identical car , no change.
Changed dampers front and rear (same springs), stiff as concrete but no luck, maybe even worse.
Changed front strut bearings, no change
Disconnected font stabilizer , no culprit.
Swapped EPS, no luck.
Changed EPS parameters, no culprit.
Added strut brace, no difference.
Checked steering shaft u joints, seems no play.
Every known bushing,bearing tested in at least 5 shops and by myself.

Setup. Front control arms from m3,sway bars H&R, poly RTABS, new 235/265 tires. Eibach sport springs (- aprox 10mm ), Big brakes front and rear , engine ~500hp.

Help would be very welcome. I have no ideas anymore.
Appreciate 0