View Single Post
      05-04-2018, 06:00 PM   #33
rlmesq
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye944 View Post
I'm def. not a fan of the state teaching my child what they believe is right and wrong as far as gender, sexual behavior, family etc that's not for them to instill THERE values on my daughter.

In some school syllabus' I have seen and heard of certain behavior which is condoned and acceptable, but not as afaic, I teach her love, understanding of everyone, but just because "someone decides to jump of a cliff" doesn't make it right or correct.
This approach is one of the reasons so many kids with questions about their sexual orientation or gender identity literally jump off a cliff or commit suicide some other way.

I know what it's like to be confused. I was very naive as a kid, so I had absolutely no gaydar and it surprised the heck out of me when I found out many of my best friends in high school were gay. They thought it was funny that I was so clueless.

I had never even considered the possibility that I might be gay, but I started wondering. Fortunately, one of my friends reassured me that "If you were, you'd know," so I didn't have to figure that out alone.

The school might have something to teach your daughter that you can't... and I'm not just talking about the difference between THERE and their.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00