Quote:
Originally Posted by e90alpinem3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrum View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
Another set of phones. I have an upcoming trade show (CEDIA) in Denver and wanted to try SONY's 1000X wireless noise canceling headphones for the trip.

🎧💺
They just slashed the prices on these at costco.
Costco sells a different, lower-end model. These are their flagship. Everyone keeps telling me these are the ones (wireless noise canceling) to get.
I tried numerous wireless noise cancelling headphones and ended up with the momentum 2 from sennheiser and couldn't be happier. Best sound quality from a over ear wireless setup I could find. Two years in still sound amazing and they have stood up to 100 plus flights.
My noise canceling headphones are strictly for flights, so I had been using BOSE QC35s for years without upgrading. Since I now have a job that involves more travel it was time to buy something wireless. My default choice was BOSE's new model, but I honestly was drawn to the build quality of B&W offering and planned on buying them. However as I toured audio/video businesses throughout the east (this is my job), everyone kept suggesting that these SONY 1000X were the best available in the category... Even guys that sell many different brands.

I get AV gear at dealer cost (or better), so if these fail to do their job adequately, I'll just buy another pair from someone else. I truly doubt that will happen though.

Please don't anyone read this as me puffing out my chest. I'm only sharing an experience in shopping for headphones in this category; and what Hi-Fi pros told me in confidence without any bias or motivation.