View Single Post
      04-14-2015, 12:52 PM   #107
tgrandahl
Rep
Drives: 2010 Z4 35i

I'm in the process of doing the LCI headlight swap. I have all the parts at this point and have gone through the standard coding with Niv. I expect that everything will work as it has for others.

Does anyone know if a 2015 Z4 that rolls off the line today would have dimming DLR and tail lights?
I suspect it would, and i'd like to find a way to retain them with the LCI update if possible.

I'm guessing that the LED control module is a fairly simple current source with some basic protection features for itself and the LED modules. The module claims the pin from the FRM that's used to drive the 3 yellow accent LED on the pre-LCI headlights (it gets moved in the BMW retrofit instructions). I'm guessing that this is being re-purposed as some sort of control line to the module for brightness adjustment. While the original DRL drive pins are used as a fixed 12V supply for the module.

I'd like to dig into this more and figure out how BMW intended to control the DRL brightness in LCI headlights. But first want to make sure its a feature that actually exists in MY 2015 vehicles. Anybody know or see any proof on the internet? The youtube is failing me here :-(
Appreciate 0