View Single Post
      07-25-2021, 10:32 AM   #64
3.0L
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i, 20k miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dscabra View Post
Reading some of these horror stories makes me appreciate my marriage of nearly 36 years even more. I know that our situation is definitely not the norm anymore, but I can't imagine not having my wife, who is also my best friend, by my side every day.
I big congratulations to you both! We marked our 52nd early this year. Heh!

I think there are good and bad folks on both sides of the gender aisle. I have witnessed 3 divorces including relatives and friends.

One friend divorced his wife for no apparent reason to us, except he told me one day that her boobs weren't big enough. She was one of the sweetest gals I ever met. It made no sense to me.

The wife of another friend divorced him, apparently because he was an inadequate provider. Never mind that they lived in a big, up-scale home in one of the nicest areas in town and she always drove a new luxury car. From my perspective, she was never satisfied with anything. She ended up inheriting millions from her mom, even fighting her sisters who were rightful heirs as well. They gave up and didn't fight, mostly because they were well off in their own right.

A close relative divorced his wife because all she did was spend his hard-earned income (from 2 jobs) while sitting on her fat ass at home, watching TV and reading scandal tabloids, all-the-while complaining that they couldn't pay all of their bills.

One of my old Army buddies divorced his wife for similar reasons - spend, spend, spend. She even chewed his ass out for "hiding" a 10 dollar bill in his wallet!

Greed is the root of all evil.

When writing your life's plan, use a pencil with an eraser

Last edited by 3.0L; 07-25-2021 at 10:39 AM..
Appreciate 3
Sara5791.00
King Rudi13157.00
P111575.00