View Single Post
      10-09-2009, 11:34 AM   #1
Vintage
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 (MT), 718 Spyder

Dear BMW, why no performance upgrades???

Dear BMW,

I love your cars, their style, the handling, quality, performance, the German efficiency and restraint - I could go on. I absolutely hate that I cannot buy Performance Products from you for the Z4 35i. What - no brakes, intake, exhaust, power package, strut brace, spoilers, etc. that are readily available on, dare I say it, "Lesser cars like the 1 and 3 series." Yes, Yes, I know that you sell more of these cars so that the economies of scale work in your favor offering more products for the 1 and 3, but the Z4 is very similar as to brakes, motor, etc. So why not just tweak the Performance brakes, exhaust, and power package for my wife's sweet little Z4 35i??? Do you hate me, my wife, and our collective money? What is even more strange and disheartening is that it appears that some of these products (power package and brakes?) are being tested on your to be released Z4 40i, yet not available for sale to us BMW Z loyalists? Give me a break, you sell this stuff for the boy racer 1, which cost 30% less. I promise that I will try not to let this strange and infuriating behavior alter my desire to own BMWs in the future.
Appreciate 0