View Single Post
      02-14-2013, 04:54 AM   #24
HowieZ4
Newbie!
Rep
Drives: Z4 35i

I've decided to go with the KW V3 upgrade path and am glad to read so many positive feedback here.

My one big question is, has anyone here with the installed KW V3 tried adjusting it to the softest setting?

I'm curious if the KW two-stage valves allows a rebound damping adjustment (comfort) set at the softest BUT a compression adjustment (driving dynamics) at the recommended setting will provide a comfortable ride but less body roll at the same time?

It might seem strange I'm upgrading to a high performance suspension but asking feedback for the softest setting vs. stock feel but it basically comes down to road conditions being not very good in Asia (90% driving) but need to be able to firm up for track days (10% driving) as well.

Any volunteer willing to test out this comfort setting for us sitting on the fence with the KW V3?

UPDATE: KW has also released an electronic adjustable DDC Coilover Kit that can be adjusted wirelessly from an iPhone! (http://www.kw-suspensions.eu/int/kw_ddc.php)

It has the similar 3 settings like the factory adaptive suspension BUT with the added end user personalized fine setting in between. Seems it's available for the Series 1 & 3 but hopefully be adapted for the Z4 E89 soon.

BMW Z4 35i Havana
Cobb Tune (Stg1-360hp)

Last edited by HowieZ4; 02-14-2013 at 11:05 PM..
Appreciate 0