02-05-2011, 05:11 PM   #4
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Some are road worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by suvidh View Post
I recently got new set of tyres as older ones wore out maybe due to bad alignment or aggressive driving.

Since I got the new tyres I feel the car sways more than it did earlier with older tyres, when floored and I see the traction yellow light flash more often than before. I drive in sports mode for suspension ( not sports +) and manual paddle shift on the auto DCT

I feel the car tails more to the left most of the times. Its a RIght hand drive car. No idea if that has any co relation .

Can someone advise if this could happen if the dealer didn't do the alignment properly or for any other possible reason ?

S
Tire pressure and alignment are certainly a possibilities, but one question I would ask is if your new set are exactly the same as your old tyres, I assume your old set were RFT, and if so are your new tyres RFTs? Non-RFTs sidewall is more compliant and typically provides a better ride and handling characteristics.

The RHD vs LHD makes no difference. The key is that you didn't notice any of this issues before, so obviously something has changed. Could be pressure, could be the brand/type/tread pattern if the tyres are different. Tyres in the States have traction ratings - not sure if that applies to your country.

Help us out with a little more info.
"Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end".-- Unknown

Last edited by teagueAMX; 02-06-2011 at 11:32 AM..
Appreciate 0