View Single Post
      05-23-2010, 11:33 AM   #22
riccis
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4 30i Auto

Well it happened to me for the first time today too. Never had an issue before. I have a 30i auto.

I was coming to a slow stop at lights. Went to move off and.......nothing. Looked down and pretty much the same as everyone else. Engine light was on but engine was dead.

I was in manual mode at the time and I think I was in sports mode (not 100% certain but fairly confident). This weekend has been pretty much the first weekend with very good weather and ambient temp was showing as 27 degrees C. Not exactly very hot but my bald head is showing a little redness ;-P

Took me a few secs to figure out what was going on too but finally put the drive back into 'P' and fired up the engine. It started immediately and thankfully no one was behind me but strange all the same. Once the car started, dashboard appeared normal (no warning lights).

The best way I can describe it is as if the car had stalled. I'm not sure if that is possible on an auto (as Jimmy mentions above) and it certainly didn't judder or anything like one with a manual transmission typically does when you stall it (not that I ever have ;-P ). Anyway, I have a theory that it may have a little something to do with the adaptive transmission so I will likely reset the ECU (as per steps in another thread) and see how things go.
Appreciate 0