View Single Post
      11-02-2009, 11:59 AM   #7
billwr
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 35i, sport, 7sp, etc...

JB3 Tuning on Z4 35i DTC

The JB3 PNP and BMS Dual Intakes were installed last week on my Z4 35i 7sp with 1500 miles on it. I don't plan on doing any racing, but wanted 'next level' performance at a reasonable price and minimal risk of damaging my car.

I've been using Map 3 (91 octane in CA) and in the first 5 days or so, everything seems to be running just fine. I've not done any measurements, but there is without a doubt a pretty dramatic increase in acceleration/power. Let me put it this way, my prior car was an M6 and the Z4 with JB3 is certainly enough to put a smile on my face when I hit the gas.

The car seems to actually run a little smoother and it doesn't seem to have had any material effect upon my gas mileage. In fact, it's gone up slightly (18.8mpg prior to JB3 and 18.9 for the 5 days after JB3) - even though I've probably driven the car a bit harder (I know there are many other factors that can affect mileage)

I got the impression from BMS that so long as fairly conservative maps are run, there should be no problems with the Z4. Time will tell, but so far I'm happy with it.
Appreciate 0