View Single Post
      10-12-2009, 07:07 PM   #9
xquizit
Iran
Rep
Drives: his parents crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post
One thing none of us are mentioning is your current case and PSU. 650 watt is really good actually, so you'll probably be able to just keep the same PSU. However, with a new board, you may want a new case.

Depending on what board and GPUs you select, it may even be necessary. I'm running a mid-tower, but I'm going to get a full-tower eventually. Without getting into a flame war over overclocking, let me just say that I'm making the move to liquid cooling. But then I digress, and we're getting off topic.

Have you decided on CPU? Since we're talking about cores, I'm assuming Intel.
Intel forsure! The i7 can be easily clocked, right? from 2.66 to 4.0! Meaning, I would need a $200ish motherboard that can support such a voltage change (I don't know jack about OCn, haha). My case is pretty nice, but what if I want to keep my old Pc in my room? 2x the PC = a friend can come over and we can LAN. But my computer is old, so the only game we could LAN is starcraft and counter-strike . I'd rather spend $80 and get an antec300, or even a 1200 for the higher price, and have two computers.

So let's see..
I would prefer a Nvidia card. Less driver problems, and less over-heating issues (I am totally not a fan boy, and I have two ati cards..and only one Nvidia). Not a fan boy of intel, but they are running the market, from what others tell me (let's not take it too far off topic, hehe).

Monitor (akak recommended):
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824236049
Doubt it's great for PC use, but I guess this a cheap route for hooking up a console.

PSU: Something to support a future crossfire (forgot if SLI is correct term for Nvidia or not)
GPU: Nvidia <Must be enough for Cod 4 #2 on high settings <great, this statement just screwed me over>
Memory: I need DDR3 <Dual core> Memory $100
Motherboard: $200+ (have to do research on what memory is best, and what about 16/16/8..etc, and what happens if I fill up all memory slots?)
sound card: integraded on the motherboard
HDD: Cheap one, no need for 2x (operating syste, and for media)
CPU: i7 2.66 Nahelem

Looks like my PC build might be more expensive than a TV option. But there is so much to know about LCD tvs. I only care about gaming for the LCD TV, and want to know if I should go for 60hz, 100hz, 120hz.. Is 1080i/p a marketing scheme?

I miss my e90 330i
Appreciate 0