View Single Post
      01-03-2024, 10:09 PM   #11
BMW764
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW Z4 sDrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbiZ4 View Post
Always bring the locking system of the trunk lid into it's service mode:
push both flippers on the right and on the left until the softclose motors start closing, then lay down the trunk lid. Doing this, you are always able to get into the trunk and to the technical components. Never touch the emblem button on the lid when it's locked this way while working on the roof.

There are 2 brass valves (screws) on top of the hydraulic pump. The one to the front of the car releases the hydraulic pressure from the rear roof shell as well as the main structure.
The rear valve releases the hydraulic pressure from the rear frame below the trunk lid.

These valves may only be opened for a max of 2 turns, not more!
Ok thank you for the help so just to confirm, I want to release pressure only on the front screw correct? The part of the hard top that is stuck is the part which has the rear window. Like I stated before I can only prop it up a few inches and I’d like to get this to move freely up and down so I can move around the wire harness.

Also regarding the trunk, I was not able to open it with the key fob or unlocking and using the emblem. I had to get creative and use a hanger to fish through a looped string that I could grab with a second hanger to release the emergency handle in the rear.
Appreciate 0