08-15-2023, 09:50 AM   #5
DavesZed
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E89 23i, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efluster View Post
Be cautious with an MMI box - I am in the process of having my BimmerTech MMI removed - after a year of updating and trouble shooting it is still causing my screen to flicker and lose connection
There's always the odd one that has an issue, no matter who the supplier is, that's just life unfortunately. I had one of the early Aliexpress boxes supplied, it worked perfectly and I had no issues with it all the time I had it installed, it even went into my sons E93 and he had no issues with it. But I know that that supplier did have some issues with other boxes they supplied, and his aftersales service was shocking, so I stopped recommending it. I've now gone to the Mr12volt mmi box and, again I've had no issues with it, but I know a couple have had the odd issue, it's just one of those things.
At the end of the day Bimmertech are no different to any other company, the guts of their box will probably be made in the same factory as many others, just with a different outer case, but it'll still originate from China just like all the others.

My Z4 E89 YouTube channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtt...0vHFUQnoEvKB2Q
Appreciate 0