07-26-2023, 08:25 AM   #3151
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad86tsi View Post
How many of those ICE fires are fuel tanks starting themselves on fire?

How many ICE cars are there compared to EV's, and what is the average age of each.

Come to the discussion with logic and facts please. It will be an endless circle jerk no doubt, since neither platform is free of risk/danger.

You are actually pointing out exactly what I keep saying on the endless articles of EV fires and the fear of EV fire posts. I keep saying that without any data it is meaningless. Article posted about an EV fire, I posted an article on a gasoline fire and said without data on how likely they are to happen they are both pretty meaningless.

Interesting you are telling me to come to the discussion with "logic and facts", how come you haven't said the same over and over for the endless articles or "fear of fire"?

I have yet to see any data showing that an EV is any more dangerous than an ICE. I have never said the EV is more or less dangerous.

Quote:
The ICE platform doesn't put the ignition source inside the fuel source. EV's have a unique trait, the fuel source is the ignition source in the case of battery fires.
OK? The ICE has both in the same compartment, most cars even have an electric pump for gasoline, all have the gas/electric separated by pretty simple fuel lines and plastic surrounding the electric. Come up with anything proving one is more dangerous than the other and you will have something.

From my previous posts
Quote:
The post above of a random EV fire means nothing,....
Quote:
I agree putting them out is a problem but without data it's just a never post of news articles about an individual fire.
Quote:
We can continue but none of this means much of anything without actual data. Virtually never ending supply of my replies on ICE fires if people want them.
Quote:
Still interested in seeing any data that shows this is a problem worth worrying about or big enough to change rates.
Quote:
Your theory is this number will cause insurance rates to go up but I haven't seen anything to show the extent of the problem. Post above has the guy guess the rate and the cost.
Quote:
Nice headline grabbing article but " a ton of disabled EV's" - what does this mean? Again, any data to prove anything?