View Single Post
      04-24-2023, 10:17 AM   #35
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
It's a cheater car just like the FK8 ring car. If the stock car could make close to that time they would run it. Everybody knows the FK9 just like the FK8 is extremely capable FWD performance car. That's not the argument here. The argument is that Honda isn't making these records with stock CTR's. I'm not sure how anyone could even debate that. Given that the Limited Edition FK8 Type R was had 46kg in weight reduction and retained AC this car is likely far lighter than even that car relative to the stock car. Nobody can buy this S grade car right now and when they claimed the record made no mention about the special trim. It's only once people discovered something was up that this never heard of before S trim came out from Honda which to me is purposely misleading as the masses that just read the headlines think a stock CTR can make that time when it can't.
This is the status quo. And for the record, I'm not saying I agree with it but many manufacturers do what Honda has done to some degree. The reason for this is there is no oversight for Nürburgring lap times. Lamborghini faced scruntiny over that dodgy video of the record lap time for the Huracán Performante. Nissan was challenged about 10 years ago with the times from the NISMO GT-R. Porsche has had to defend lap times from one a couple of their GT cars. This happens quite often and there's a bit of gamesmanship involved. It's fun to chat about but I'm not too worried about these times. I'll never take my car to the Nürburgring and even if I did, I don't have the skill to safely drive my car at the limit.
Appreciate 0