View Single Post
      04-22-2023, 06:21 PM   #26
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by g21 View Post
I watched the incumbent record's video and the Megane was also sliding all over the place, but man the sound of that car was amazing, and it was much more agile - what a car! (no idea if they were cheating but it was amazing)
To me it's actually quite amaizing that it took so long (for Honda in this case) to break that Megane record.
In those 4 years things like advancement in tyre technology alone I would have expected giving that 4 sec difference.
But comparisons with track times in the past might be difficult. In the meantime the nordschleife got an all new track surface and curbs (about 1,5 years ago). I have no idea how that has impacted lap times.

But for sure the Megane RS in all it's iterations is a very good car for the Nordschleife, you see them a lot there, it's very popular. Too bad the current one is the last one and I guess that will be phased out very soon as that model is already from 2017.
But a last iteration (special edition) of the Megane RS has just been opened for orders (last month); the Mégane RS "Ultime".
Although I don't know if it's as hardcore as the Trophy-R
It has the cupchassis and LSD but I don't know if it has the backseat delete, carbon hood, Ohlins etc. Probably not as the Trophy-R was considerable more expensive (the Trophy-R was also more limited)
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 04-22-2023 at 06:35 PM..
Appreciate 1
chassis6700.50