G MONEY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
But gm promises an all ev lineup in 2035? How is that going backwards?

Are you talking about when they first introduced the volt? Or bolt or whatever that old model was called? Yeah their technology wasn’t up to par back then it only made sense to back out of something they know nothing about.

When Tesla came on board everyone laughed at them. Even Ford. And now look at them, they’re playing catch up to Tesla.

You’re right it doesn’t fit everyone’s lifestyle, I wasn’t saying it did.

But as time moves foward we adapt. That’s how our species work. We adapt.
Seriously, you have a devoid knowledge of EV history. Cos270 is talking about GM's EV1. It was an attempt to placate CARB's zero-emission mandate of 1990; yes 33 years ago. It was a compact 2-seat Battery-Electic that used lead acid wet-cells. It was only leased to customers in California and was an engineering exercise to judge customer acceptance of EV. GM shelved the EV1 because despite California's desire to power automobiles by the Sun God Helios, there was no market for the EV1. CARB eventually bagged its zero emissions mandates and repackaged the requirements.

Both generations of the GM Volt are actually a highly sophisticated hybrid EV, far more complex in drivetrain design and engineering than a Tesla. Tesla is just a big-ass battery EV. I doubt a Tesla engineer could conceive of the Voltec drive system and complex planetary gear set it uses, let alone manufacture it.

The Bolt beat the Model 3 to market and actually sold for $35K. Elon is good at hype. And BTW Tesla's EV drive system initially was not home grown.
You will be answered shortly by the Vette nutswinger. He will tell you how your wrong. Lol. It will be the same spin. Tesla network, other will catch up but they are 10 years behind, no one can change the future this is coming and you can't do anything about it. Can't wait to get my SUPERCAR from Chevy. Anyone who doesn't agree with me is a clown. 🤣😂👅💩
Appreciate 8
Cos270608.50
E46ZHP254.00
Efthreeoh17471.00
lakefront566.50
x622983.00
chad86tsi1605.00
kyriian890.50
nicholasn261.00