View Single Post
      09-28-2022, 09:19 PM   #10
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

I also have a TCL 55". It's been running fine for the three years or so since buying it.

As to extended warranties, I also don't buy extended warranties for electronics. For significant electronics purchases, I purchase them on my AMEX card. The card I have which I'm not sure if all AMEX cards have this will double the manufacturer's warranty by up to an extra year. I've had to use this card benefit before on a very expensive work group printer. Purchased the printer with my AMEX. Printer started having problems just over a year after purchase. Called AMEX up. Was asked to send in a copy of the sales receipt, the card statement showing I had paid the entire amount with my AMEX card, and the repair estimate. The motherboard needed to be replaced which was over $900. AMEX paid the entire amount.

The problem you might run into is when you purchase many of these Chinese brands which TCL, Hisense, and I'm pretty sure Vizio is also Chinese. The problem is many times when the product is outside of warranty, you can't get the unit repaired either through the manufacturer or with a third party repair center. From my understanding, the aforementioned manufacturers, only do a replacement if the TV fails under warranty. The TCL and Hisense TVs I purchased were cheap enough that I'm not really worried about them being essentially throw away TVs. Now my Sony A90J is a different story. Paid $3400 for that thing.
Appreciate 1
Tyga113413.50