View Single Post
      03-08-2022, 08:50 AM   #185
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
Can you take what he has produced so far, and change project managers to another company/firm for the construction phase?

Have you tried reaching out to the former project manager, to see if he is starting his own company or would be willing to continue working on your project despite the falling out?

Hoping that these events are part of a family intervention that pushes your architect into rehab.....
Yeah, the timing of his melt-down is actually pretty good. The vast majority of his work is done. There will be questions from the city that have to be answered and likely some things tweaked on the drawing package but that's about it. The handoff to the builder (who is independent and not affiliated with the architect) begins happening now and the builder and his project manager are going to be able to address many if not all of the city's questions or change requests. I spoke with our builder last night and he assured me that many projects dont even have an architect. People buy and submit plans online and any changes the city wants can be made by the builder or a structural engineer. Both of which we have and appear sober.

Luckily the PM from from the architecture firm who quit has a very unique name so I was able to find him easily on LinkedIn. Reached out to him yesterday though he doesnt appear very active on the platform so we will see if I hear anything back.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615625.00