View Single Post
      03-07-2022, 09:55 PM   #183
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Well gang, shit got weird today.

As those of you who have been reading since the beginning may recall, we had a little blow-up with the architect in the early days of the project. He was waaaaay overreacting to some pretty small things and seemed a little unstable. All this was over e-mail so I gave him the benefit of the doubt and talked my wife down from her instinct to cut and run from the guy. She stands by her claim that the guy is an alcoholic given his erratic behavior, tendency to blow up fast, and her claim that he reeked of booze when we met to discuss the contract at 10:00 AM on a Saturday.

Well things have been fine for 6 months but then last week, the project manager for our project (who is an employee of the architect) abruptly up and quit the company leaving only the architect to manage the project. We were days from submitting the packet to the city for review so the bulk of their work was done. The architect got it over the goal line and off to the city. So that's good.

Well today, my wife gets a call on her cell from the architect. Out of the blue. He's never called her or me, outside of meetings. We e-mail, meet in person, or zoom. So a call from him out of the blue is weird. She said he was clearly drunk. Extremely drunk. He yammered on about how much he loves us as clients and how important this project is to him. Then he says "OK, I'll just level with you. I'm out on a farm that I found on Air BnB. I'm going to be out here for a week. I'm taking a mental health break. But dont worry, your project is #1 priority for me and I'll pick it back up when I'm back. And I love you guys. And I love this project. And did I mention I love you guys..." Sounded like he was there alone, without his wife and kids. My wife thinks he got kicked out of the house.

F'ing weird, right? I told my wife this is a bit like walking onto a flight and thinking the pilot is drunk. But we stuck it out and now, on final approach for landing, the pilot is clearly drunk and the co-pilot just ejected. Nothing we can do at this point but hang on for the ride and hope we dont crash!
Appreciate 3