View Single Post
      08-05-2021, 01:29 PM   #81
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny01 View Post
What's the purpose of your clarification? Some like to claim the Big Bang is just a theory, but that's mincing words and being pedantic. Scientist stopped calling theories "laws" decades ago.

The Big Bang Theory and current space time expansion is supported by a tremendous amount of rigorous testing, consistent with observations and experiments, enjoys nearly universal acceptance across the scientific community, and there's not a single competing theory that's being taken seriously.

And there are some issues with Big Bang? Sure. Uniformity of background microwaves (CBR), and critical density of our universe are a couple, but these are minor issues. For all intents it's a fact or law, but we don't call it that because we're always tweaking the periphery, refining measurements, etc.
Yeah among many issues not least of which no one has any idea if the expansion of the universe has been at a constant speed. How would you know? How would they know? All they can do is observe and measure today and assume the rest. I.e. a theory. I rest my case. There is zero point in arguing anymore about it because there is no chance in the world anyone can prove this theory right and there’s no chance in the world anyone else can prove it wrong. Ever. Not unless your boys who you seem to give so much credence to invent a time machine.
Appreciate 0