View Single Post
      07-26-2021, 01:23 PM   #39
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonDot View Post
What is your opinion on Apple data handling/security?
Just none. I don't have to study/evaluate it as a job responsibility and as a customer I considered iPhone/Apple and rejected them forever (no re-consideration when choosing my current phone recently) a decade ago.

What I found absolutely unacceptable, insulting, was the Apple's policy/"manners" in treating their customers in a most insolent way. In particular, assigning to the services provider and requesting a payment card just to access their store (and something else, perhaps). I don't care what outstanding technologies they offer as long as they want to fuck me in the holes I don't even know I have. No deal.

I've heard of data leaks, of course. I prefer to handle my data myself. That is, I absolutely hate to share anything about myself unnecessarily: they just can't lose/misuse what they don't have, I like it simple/easy for them and myself (in particular ). The currently popular practice of sucking personal data (name, phone number, etc.) for no practical (in supplying the services requested) reason is very annoying, indeed.

Regarding SMS/iMessage security differences, I don't think I need the end-to-end security any badly: I don't communicate top secrets, I don't feel paranoid. I am fine with SMS for the regular use. I didn't even think of that before. It would be nice to have it but I can do without it for now.
Appreciate 0