King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Out of all the parties that I've been to, thank goodness none of the fellow party-goers dressed like this. They can have all that happy/hardcore, plur bullshit. Just make the damn ground shake.
Back in the day in Seattle when I frequented raves (late 80s/early 90s) I remember seeing more of a semi goth look and also people into wearing Dr. Seuss type long hats, etc. That earlier photo just looked like a bunch of nerdy dudes trying to look hip but failed miserably.
I came in to the scene around '95. At that time it was transitioning out of the Dr. Seuss scene and progressing into a more techy feel. The scene here was kind of a hip-hop vibe mixed with just chill low-key people. Memphis was a different story, very thuggish/gangsta vibe. You didn't step out of line in Memphis. my favorite parties were the underground, warehouse, drive around for an hour trying to find the place then following the vibrating pavement to the entrance. The International Ballroom in ATL and Marathon Village were always a blast.
Appreciate 2
TiMSport12808.50
MKSixer34192.50