Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 F82

Garage List
2020 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by m630 View Post
As someone that has a passion for Cosmology its interesting to see this thread. Im not a scientist by trade but have been studying space science, ie physics for about 30years now. I dont find anything more important as a human than trying to understand the whys of the universe. I have some thoughts ive been working on for quite some time but no answers yet that are worth sharing.
I agree the universe is more complex than anyone can imagine, just like planetary science and the complexities of our earth-moon system where politics have no place in driving out understanding of what is actually occuring today.
I do not believe formal training is this subject is a requisite and in fact can be a deteriment in many cases. Those that paved the way had no such training in most cases and yet they have postulated and theorized and have been proven right over time which ultimately means that all of us have the inate ability to develop these skills if we choose to by ourselves.
It has been said that life itself is merely the universe trying to understand itself and I tend to believe this as Im 100% certain that what we as humans are doing on this planet could not be more meanless as a whole.
Ive noted some that say why “waste” the resources looking outward when we have so many problems here at home and I can only shake my head. And while I have very little use for the exploits and games of the billionaire class, I am very happy that the ego of some of them may actually benefit all of us in the long run. I am a fan of Elon precisely because he has the guts to say it outloud and actually try to advance our ability to survive outside of this world which is the only long term hope for humans in any case.
As for cosmology, while I understand more than most and have confidence in the work that many professionals are doing to advance the subject, I also tend to believe there are some fundemental assumptions that are being misunderstood if not completely wrong and this inhibits the collective advancement of out understanding.
I truly beleive our understanding of light is fundementally flawed and may solve many of our current misunderstandings.
I also believe that we have to acknowledge that we know so little that we have to step back and think different so to speak. When the consensus speaks about matter for example and then further posulates about dark matter and dark energy with such precision we all must question the illogical thinking that causes such statements. Again, I have thoughts about these problems but its still a work in progress.
I do believe the answers are out there and we have the inate ability to understand them if we really try, it just requires a level of focus that is difficult as a hobby. But maybe ill figure it out some day, or maybe one of you will. Ill be hoping for all of us as its our only hope in the end.

Well said!

I've been doing some reading on twisted light and its very fascinating!

I have always had a huge fascination with black holes. I think its something the science community needs to spend more time and money on. If we can understand it better, I think it would give us deeper inside into the universe and law of the universe. I really do think it could be the answer to many question we have.

My only problem with it is, to understand it better, we would probably need to create one in a stable environment. But how do you do that without understand it first so you don't create one that swallow's up a radius around it. Maybe ive seen Interstellar too many times!
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13164.00