05-26-2021, 08:14 PM   #3263
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
I have a question to the people here.

I got pulled over in Utah for doing 89 in a 65. Cop was very nice to say he caught me at 89, but the thingy locked at 85, and he wrote me up for 80. (I knew I was speeding)

The interesting part is, I was driving my girlfriend's car. Which is registered to her mom's name, insurance as well. Gf is "part-time driver". This officer asked ID's from both of us, then asked me to leave the car to get in his Charger. So I do that but in my mind I'm thinking this is weird am I going to jail. Because I was doing 85-90 easy before he even told me I was lol. Asked him directly if this is a big fuck up and he says no in Utah it's 30 over for misdemeanor (illinois is 25 over). Anyway, along the way he starts asking what I'm doing there, if her mom knows and approves of me moving her cross country, asked me how we met etc. I'm thinking he's just making small talk to pass the time while the ticket is getting ready.

He leaves to give gf her ID back, and they chat a bit I presumed to let her know that I'm not going to jail and it's going to be okay bar a ticket. Comes back, asks if I have meth/coke/heroin/weed on me or any firearms (asked this twice, both for legal and illegal firearms) I get my ticket, we get on our ways, and I start talking to GF about it. Turns out he asked her how we met and what we were doing in Utah etc. Almost to check our stories.

Anyone know a reason as to why this happened? I'd love to blame the race card (i look white but name is fully turkish) but I also never had that happen to me, ever. Was I maybe profiled and the guy assumed I was kidnapping my girlfriend? I'm well over it, and I paid the $160 ticket, but it's been bugging me to figure out why I had to leave my car to get a ticket and get in the cop car. In Illinois at least you just wait in the car until they come with the paper that officializes your fuck up.
Ahhhh, to be young and stupid again
Appreciate 0