View Single Post
      05-13-2021, 03:37 PM   #3012
Murf993
Major
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by packet View Post
I have huge respect for Sedan_Clan for explaining the issue with calls for so-called gun "registries" in the US.

I'm a Canadian who is a snowbird in the US in the winter months.

The morons in the Canadian federal government have already rolled out that gun ban / confiscation law - and it's going to make no difference at all.

Can't use a gun for home defense in Canada anyway (which is why I reluctantly chose to not have a firearm in Canada - who loses? the economy does)

Having read up on firearm law in the US and in Canada, I find it particularly tedious when people don't understand how the law works in terms of full auto / background checks / waiting periods, etc etc in the US.
In Canada, it's really easy: "you can't have it... bitch"
I'm not sure why you'd say you can't use a gun to defend yourself in Canada. The Criminal code is pretty clear about that. The reality is this, if you use a firearm to protect yourself and your family you will in all likelyhood find yourself charged criminally. Having said that almost no one has ever been convicted. At the end of the day that is a risk I will take against the alternative of being the victim. I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6.
Appreciate 5
Sedan_Clan25301.50
Lady Jane72237.00
Buug95918234.00
essejM360.50