View Single Post
      01-27-2021, 05:21 PM   #44
Maitre_Absolut
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 CS, Audi RS6

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
No it's not as all new consumer goods come with a calculated MSRP and you added in one industry in real estate that does not and isn't really a comparable. Dealers can sell for more or less than MSRP but everyone that walks into the dealership knows the MSRP and it's a matter of risk tolerance and greed that dealers work with when they choose what price they will let that car go for. I'm not sure what heavy equipment you sell but if you don't have an MSRP (with discount structures for distributors and end users) and are basing your pricing on what the next person will pay I would have to question your business model. If you are selling used equipment then again you are talking apples to oranges.

For the record I don't have any issue with dealers selling at MSRP as that's the recommended price where dealers make fair money. It's more of an American thing to get big discounts on vehicles and as we Canadians don't have the same amount of haggle room. I do however have an issue with ADM as I will never, ever pay it on principal as you are paying more money for absolutely zero value other than filling the pockets of a dealer.
This. And passing it off as an interest charge implying that the FI is taking a huge risk in leasing to you....no thanks.
17 Porsche Macan GTS
14 Audi S4
Appreciate 0