07-21-2020, 07:04 AM   #4007
AreWeThereYet?
Rep
Drives: It has 4 wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AreWeThereYet? View Post
I actually purchased and wear my watch more so for me as a " reward " to myself for the years of hard work and not for anyone to notice but I get what you're saying about the attitude in this " new world ".

Too funny but you're probably right about the majority wearing those Apple watches and fitbits ........ though my wife wears hers often ...... as you've noticed she isn't part of the " said not in shape " demographic you're speaking of!!!
Same here! I tend to buy watches during milestones of my life. After I have endured some form of BS and finally make it out the other side, I tend to reward myself. I am a bit of a cheapskate though. I'd love to drop big money on a watch, but at the same time, I'm a bit of a realist.....a father and a homeowner. I just have a difficult time spending that much money on a watch knowing that money could go toward something for my kids or for the home. Now with that being said, the last watch I bought was a F1 Tag. Still over $1k, but not hardly Monaco Tag, Panerai or Breitling money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahb View Post
I actually notice nice watches because my husband is a watch guy. He even has a display case for them����*I think Rolex's are overrated and a lot look the same. Just my opinion.

I do have an Apple Watch. I use it more for the convenience of not always being able to grab my phone and respond especially for work. I would say the biggest use for me is timing my workouts and getting a round about idea of caloric burn. I hardly ever look at steps and far from being fat.

On the weekends, I don't really wear it. My Movado is my go to unless I use one of my cheaper watches as an accessory.
You are one of the rate exceptions, especially in ladies. I do have a friend of mine, who is female, that is a big watch fanatic. I'm the same way with womens dresses and shoes. When you are in a relationship with someone who is into...things...you too become an expert on said things. The current girlfriend gets lessons in high-end suits, how to spot taylor made suits, clothing designers, watches, belts, etc. anytime that we watch a movie.

I share the same sentiments with Rolex. Had the means of buying one a few years ago and opted for the lesser expensive Tag. Still have a damn nice watch, but don't feel quite so....hard on myself for spending that much on watch that looks so damn basic. Honestly, if a person owns a Rolex and doesn't look like you make 6 figures/year; everyone will just tell you how fake it is anyway. Don't get me wrong, not bashing Rolex; but when a brand is faked as often as they are, there are more fakes than originals. Pass.

Again, the exception (or at least from what I see around my environment) for smart watches and fit bits. It is nice to hear people use them for their intent rather than an excuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
It was like riding a bike I just kicked my legs a lot and lubed vital parts.
Did he shave for you or leave a little stubble?
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AreWeThereYet? View Post
I actually purchased and wear my watch more so for me as a " reward " to myself for the years of hard work and not for anyone to notice but I get what you're saying about the attitude in this " new world ".

Too funny but you're probably right about the majority wearing those Apple watches and fitbits ........ though my wife wears hers often ...... as you've noticed she isn't part of the " said not in shape " demographic you're speaking of!!!
Same here! I tend to buy watches during milestones of my life. After I have endured some form of BS and finally make it out the other side, I tend to reward myself. I am a bit of a cheapskate though. I'd love to drop big money on a watch, but at the same time, I'm a bit of a realist.....a father and a homeowner. I just have a difficult time spending that much money on a watch knowing that money could go toward something for my kids or for the home. Now with that being said, the last watch I bought was a F1 Tag. Still over $1k, but not hardly Monaco Tag, Panerai or Breitling money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahb View Post
I actually notice nice watches because my husband is a watch guy. He even has a display case for them����*I think Rolex's are overrated and a lot look the same. Just my opinion.

I do have an Apple Watch. I use it more for the convenience of not always being able to grab my phone and respond especially for work. I would say the biggest use for me is timing my workouts and getting a round about idea of caloric burn. I hardly ever look at steps and far from being fat.

On the weekends, I don't really wear it. My Movado is my go to unless I use one of my cheaper watches as an accessory.
You are one of the rate exceptions, especially in ladies. I do have a friend of mine, who is female, that is a big watch fanatic. I'm the same way with womens dresses and shoes. When you are in a relationship with someone who is into...things...you too become an expert on said things. The current girlfriend gets lessons in high-end suits, how to spot taylor made suits, clothing designers, watches, belts, etc. anytime that we watch a movie.

I share the same sentiments with Rolex. Had the means of buying one a few years ago and opted for the lesser expensive Tag. Still have a damn nice watch, but don't feel quite so....hard on myself for spending that much on watch that looks so damn basic. Honestly, if a person owns a Rolex and doesn't look like you make 6 figures/year; everyone will just tell you how fake it is anyway. Don't get me wrong, not bashing Rolex; but when a brand is faked as often as they are, there are more fakes than originals. Pass.

Again, the exception (or at least from what I see around my environment) for smart watches and fit bits. It is nice to hear people use them for their intent rather than an excuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
It was like riding a bike I just kicked my legs a lot and lubed vital parts.
Did he shave for you or leave a little stubble?
You and I think the same. I acquired my well deserved watch after coming back from a big challenge in my life and yeah it wasn't an easy decision since I also have the wife and 2 kids under the age of 13.

I do teach my kids to make the most of each day you're visiting here on Earth since one day you won't be so I pulled the trigger so to speak. My two kids know about my splurge and are more than happy that I did what I wanted.

If need be I'll sell it in a heartbeat if the family is in dire need for cash but thank God we're okay for now.

I'm wearing it RN while enjoying my first cup of coffee with my wife!!
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13164.00