Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
You guys are the bomb. Really. Thanks for thinking of me.

Back in early April I back-burner-ed the search for new work, since budgets were in turmoil and nobody's ready to put ink on a contract, and decided to take a break and get some stuff done at the cabin. Replaced the heaved-up concrete floor in the main space (24' x 38'); once it's cured I'll have to move everything back in and set the hoist up. In the meantime I'm working on a new terraced wall on the lake side of the cabin. Put a new kiuas in the sauna and re-flashed the chimney. Been "off the grid" for the most part, so that it actually felt like a break and not just a change of venue. Smoking and grilling lots of meat, and hanging out wih my mom, who's 80. She's been up at the cabin with me most of the time.

I ended up landing a couple of contracts (good thing I checked email and snail-mail once in a while!) that'll launch over the next couple of months. Looking forward to rolling up the sleeves on them. I'll miss the physical/tactile work I've done over the last month or so, but it's time to get my business back underway.

Not much new, cars-wise. Haven't driven the driven the toys because the roads are still a little salty and they're stashed away to make room for the floor work in the shed. Cats are a little stuffed-up on my F15 N63tu and throwing a CEL, likely from running Boostane, so I'm pondering what to do about that. Switched to burning 110-octane Shell race gas in it, sans-Boostane, and hoping the cats will clean themselves out but I've put very few miles on it lately so that's still TBD.

All for now. Cheers!
GREAT to see you back!!

I'm glad things are looking up for you on the biz side! These are challenging times.

On your CEL, I had one appearing on the M6 recently that wouldn't go away. I started with the fuel tank cap which only yielded a temporary fix. I drove it about a week later and, boom...CEL again. I knew it wasn't plugs or coils so I decided to do an Italian Tune-up with a 96 octane mix on the standard tune. The tune-up was about 50 or 60 miles, flat-stick and to the redline as much as possible. After a good cool-down I parked it. The next day I started it and no CEL. No matter how advanced the tech, it seems the Italian Tune-up will always have a place in the automotive toolbox.

Again, good to have you back.
Cheers-mk
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 4
quick6750.50
Rmtt8222.00
King Rudi13159.00