View Single Post
      07-31-2019, 06:26 PM   #107
Paolo B
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw z4 sdive30i

Hi Robbi, Thanks for the quick reply. The BMW dealership did say that the problem might also be a bent or damaged hydraulic cylinder on the right side of roof. However, they recommended changing the hydraulic unit first and if that didn't resolve the problem, then consider changing the cylinder. Very expensive trial and error! I have been in touch with Klaus at Top Hydraulics and he was helpful but unsure of what the problem might be. I am considering using his service to rebuild my hydraulic unit but thought about changing a solenoid valve and changing the relays first. Relatively cheap options and if unsuccessful, proceed with the hydro rebuild service from Top Hydraulics. If that fails, I may need to replace the cylinder. I ordered a solenoid valve from Roofmotors.uk.com so will try that first and then will install the two new relays I ordered from ECS Tuning. One more question. Since I have a new harness, I assume it has four sets of wires for the new four valve hydro unit. I'm not 100% certain, but I believe so. If this is the case and I replace my hydraulic unit with a four valve unit, will I be able to activate the roof while in motion? Will I need a software upgrade or is it simply plug and play? I have Carly and have re-programmed the roof to open while in motion but don't really use it because I'm afraid it might damage the roof. Thanks for your advice. Paolo
Appreciate 0