View Single Post
      04-10-2019, 10:07 AM   #662
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
So dead-lifts this morning. Back into the next round of programming.

Last 4 sets were 365 X 8. The last set was an AMRAP set, but I shut it down at 8 as I had left my belt at home, and had to use one of the belts at the gym. Just never could get the right feel with it.

It's funny how you get accustomed to things, and when you don't have them it screws with your head as much as it does.

The exercise felt good though, and my form is getting better as I venture back up into the higher weight. I keep the bar centered over my foot, get down, and then engage my lats and hold as I pull up while keeping my scapulae retracted while keeping the bar as close to my body as possible on the way up.

Actually woke up this morning with some muscle soreness I haven't had in awhile which is a good sign!!

Also seen a girl in there for the first time I had never seen before on one of the platforms doing Romanian Deads and knocking it out of the park. Very impressive!
Nice volume numbers Rmtt! Are you doing Conventional or Sumo DLs?

I’m the same way with my gear. I definitely feel “off” if I don’t have certain things. Even down to chalk! All my years of sports have made me superstitious and I think that has transferred over to lifting now....lol

On a training note....yesterday was a metabolic conditioning day. For time-10 rounds in a 35# weighted vest of....run .25mile 6 strict pull-ups, 12 hand release push ups, 18 air squats....46:15
Appreciate 0