10-21-2007, 01:12 AM   #43
djmatty
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 330i; 1999 328i (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasBlitz View Post
He was good in Japan, totally different here. Which I can't believe the Sox couldn't get. They have been really dumb. Picking up Dice-k then Gagne who sucks. But that wasnt their fault but still was pointless.

I mean they will spend all this money on bullshit players but if A-rod becomes available they wont go the extra mile to get him. And with Manny, Ortiz and A-rod. The games are ours, even with horrible pitching.

We will see if the win, thank god I wont be in the fenway area since its a weekend. Because if they lose or win there is going to be complete ass hats walking around all night.
Totally different? He had 15 wins this year, tied for 11th in the AL. Teams would have KILLED to get that many wins. He wasn't dominant all season long like he was in a few games in the WBC, but he's going against much better hitting.

And they won't win if they have Manny, Ortiz, and A-rod with no pitching. Good pitching beats good hitting, that's one of the most basic phrases in baseball. Just look at the Yankees the past few years--lots of offense, no pitching. Zero World Series appearances.