View Single Post
      07-09-2013, 06:34 PM   #15
vasmir
eh
Rep
Drives: 2011 E82 M, 2016 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
Can't agree with this. The e89 is definitely more refined but I do not like it more than the z3 M-roadster.
Concur. I've actually been test driving e36/8s lately... looking for a tossable track car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH32335i View Post
I'm pretty sold on the M, but curious if the 35i will provide close to the same entertainment, but with maybe a bit less running costs.
eh, let's say for argument's sake that the average cost you'll spend on a used e89 sDrive35i is $5-10k more than for the e85 M. Now of course there's a lot of variation in there, from milage, general condition, age, etc... but that's not too far off the bat.
Assuming you can find the e85 in decent condition, that $5-10k you saved can go a long way towards keeping it running...

Also, I personally I think the "cost to run" for the older car is decently balanced with the higher upfront cost of the newer one. And on top of that, provided you own the car for a few years, the e85 will probably have the better depreciation since it's a ragtop, has the S54 engine, and is the M.

Last edited by vasmir; 07-09-2013 at 06:50 PM..
Appreciate 0