jparnes1
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i, 2012 Z4 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35iDriver View Post
Nope. Not even close.
Geez, I thought my sarcasm was blatantly obvious, but I guess there are always the remedial that need to be bashed over the head with the truth.
Here I'll explain it to you... To be totally honest, I'm just sick and tired of listening to the select few's BS about you have to drive a manual to be a true "enthusiast", blah, blah blah.
+1 I see some MT drivers writing with an elitist attitude. What's the big ***ing deal? You drive what you like the way you want to drive it. I've driven both kinds and will continue to.
There's plenty of professional racers who drive DCT's when the race sactions it. You can't shift faster than with a DCT. And you get to keep both hands on the wheel with the paddle shifters, which can be a safety issue at times.
You want to feel like you're more "a part of the car"? Drive a stick shift. It's a lot of fun. I had a Z4 with DCT and loved it and now I'm getting one with a stick shift. Why? I feel like it. And I'm not making a big deal about it.

We all drive an awesome car that looks and drive better 99% of the cars you see on the road. Let's just give this divisiveness a rest and practice a little more courtesy and inclusion.

2012 Z4 35i, ED 2/24/2012, Melbourne Red Metallic, Black Leather, Carbon Trim, 6MT, M Sport, CW, PP, PS, NAV, CA.
Appreciate 0