View Single Post
      01-07-2012, 12:44 PM   #20
35iDriver
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by az34 View Post
in the february issue of car and driver a z4 whit dct get a devastating bad review in their anually lightning lap road test and all the critics blame the dct i've never been a fan of dct,nothing can replace a real manual trans. and i know what i'm talking about my dd is an A3 whit dct (my wife dont drive MT) after a while it gets boring and you let it in drive as for any auto trans.
It's ironic that you say "nothing can replace a manual," when it is the DCT itself that has fast been relacing it for the past few years.
If the DCT transmission wasn't popular and didn't perfom the way it does, it would have fallen by the wayside long ago.

I'm struggling to figure out what purpose or value your initial post serves, other than for you to force your personal opinion on us.

There are several other stellar reviews on the DCT, so those counter every argument you've tried to make. There is no need and nothing for anyone to gain by focusing on this one article you reference. The article proves absolutely nothing.

Last edited by 35iDriver; 01-07-2012 at 12:57 PM..
Appreciate 0