View Single Post
      07-27-2011, 08:38 PM   #13
z4z4z4
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2002 M3

I just returned from dealership who performed the DCT campaign.
My '11 35i is one year (54 weeks) old, 11375 mi, and they performed the " Low mileage annual oil and filter change" at N/C, without resetting the service indicator system. I think the car is more responsive. Normal feels as crisp as Sport mode. My invoice receipt states, " open campaign performed complet vehicle update including CAS.
My doors no longer both open with one click of key button. All 18 radio presets were deleted. Not sure of other if any less obvious changes/resets.

The service bulletin (copy) page 1 of 2, was provided to me with my service receipt. It is dated June 2011 and supercedes same dated September 2010.
"Due to errors in the diagnotic software of the DCT module, the "Freeze frame data" of the DCT memory can not be read out when using aftermarket scan tools.
CAUSE: DCT software error

"In order to determine whether a specific vehicle has had this Service Action completed or is affected by the SA, first check the B-pillar label for code number 575. If code number 575 has been punched out, the campaign has already been performed. If code number 575 has not been punched out, it will be necessary to utilize the Servcie Menu of SCSnet or the Key Reader. Based on the response of the system either proceed with corrective action or take no further action.

hope this helps.