New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-10-2013, 06:09 PM   #1
HerrK
Captain
HerrK's Avatar
9
Rep
601
Posts

 
Drives: 011 Z4 35i, 04 R1150RT
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

New Wheel Style 515 for 2014

Note no mention of RFT on this as is normal with other wheel/tire packages.


__________________

HerrK - "It doesn't feel like a pair of turbo chargers. It feels like a pair of TESTIES!! BIG MEATY ONES!" - Jeremy Clarkson on the N54 powered Z4
May 2010 ED l 2011 35i l Crimson over Ext'd Coral Red w/brushed Alum l 6sp MT l Prem Sound l Sport Pack l 296's l Comfort Access l Alarm l Power Heated Seats l Nav
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 06:56 PM   #2
jparnes1
Lieutenant Colonel
jparnes1's Avatar
No_Country
22
Rep
1,798
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 525xi, 2012 Z4 35i
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Rochester, NY

iTrader: (0)

That's a nice looking wheel.
__________________
2012 Z4 35i, ED 2/24/2012, Melbourne Red Metallic, Black Leather, Carbon Trim, 6MT, ///M Sport, CW, PP, PS, NAV, CA, LED Angel Eyes, red calipers, pedal covers, stubby antenna, Luxon strut bar, CF engine cover, LCI side markers, Extra Enjoyment Package.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 07:19 PM   #3
Mr. ///M3 RD
Major General
Mr. ///M3 RD's Avatar
Canada
149
Rep
7,863
Posts

 
Drives: E350 & 280 SL on Weekends :)
Join Date: May 2010
Location: GTA, Ontario - Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerrK View Post
Note no mention of RFT on this as is normal with other wheel/tire packages.


Perhaps BMW is planning to quietly leave the RFT idea (like Mercedes did some years back) Who knows, the wheel does look nice.

BTW.

Have you seen the latest post by Jason re the new Z4 to have some Toyota 86 Platform input? Here ----> Click to view

I wonder how existing Z4 drivers feel about this statement ....

"this will hopefully result in a much more dynamic handling successor Z4 than the current E89 Z4"


I know change and improvements are the order of the day ... and BMW is well known to improve with every new generation ... still to use "much more dynamic handling" before the car is even build to me is a bit over the top.

IMHO the Z4 is a fine car as it now is
__________________
Cheers, Rolf-Dieter

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 08:10 PM   #4
nicknaz
Brigadier General
United_States
52
Rep
4,227
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 Z4 35i
Join Date: May 2008
Location: San Diego CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3RD View Post
I wonder how existing Z4 drivers feel about this statement ....

"this will hopefully result in a much more dynamic handling successor Z4 than the current E89 Z4"

I agree because I think the Z should have a lot less weight and better OE tires. These should both contribute to a more dynamic/nimble car.

From a perception standpoint it will be pretty brutal that BMW has to lean on a Subaru/Toyota platform for the next Z and not an in house RWD platform. It is going to come across as an admission that BMW can't make a proper sports car (though I suppose the argument can be made that the Z was never meant to be a sports car but is instead a "lifestyle car" )
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 09:57 PM   #5
Vector Pilot
Lieutenant
Vector Pilot's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
422
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 Z4 28i
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Chicago Metro

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3RD View Post
Perhaps BMW is planning to quietly leave the RFT idea (like Mercedes did some years back) Who knows, the wheel does look nice.

BTW.

Have you seen the latest post by Jason re the new Z4 to have some Toyota 86 Platform input? Here ----> Click to view

I wonder how existing Z4 drivers feel about this statement ....

"this will hopefully result in a much more dynamic handling successor Z4 than the current E89 Z4"


I know change and improvements are the order of the day ... and BMW is well known to improve with every new generation ... still to use "much more dynamic handling" before the car is even build to me is a bit over the top.

IMHO the Z4 is a fine car as it now is
"this will hopefully result in a much more dynamic handling successor Z4 than the current E89 Z4" I wonder how existing Z4 drivers feel about this statement ...."
Couldn't agree more. However, with that being said, ZER/N54, is fun a drive and we're planning to replace it with the LCI.
Highest Regards
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:14 AM.




zpost
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST