New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-02-2012, 12:50 PM   #23
NikkiZ4
Enlisted Member
NikkiZ4's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
43
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 z4 sdrive 35i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Woodland Hills, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisherman View Post
Hope you got his agreement to pay for the damage in writing. My elderly Mom had a similar incident where a young girl backed into her car and then pleaded with her to not report the accident to the police. Started crying- the whole nine yards....The girl said she would pay for all repair costs.

Mom was such a nice person that she felt bad for the girl and agreed not to report the accident . When she gave the estimate to the girl, everything changed ! You can guess what happened- the girl now claimed the accident wasn't her fault, and wasn't going to pay anything.

What a mess- I think Mom had to go through her own insurance company to get it fixed. Don't remember if they ever went after the girl or not, but it was definitely a good lesson in getting things in writing....

No, I didnt get his agreement in writing
This was my first accident, but I did get his drivers license, car insurance, and car plates info. He also gave me his phone # The only info he took from me was my nane and phone #.
Hopefully he will stick to his word.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2012, 02:24 PM   #24
jparnes1
Lieutenant Colonel
jparnes1's Avatar
No_Country
22
Rep
1,788
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 525xi, 2012 Z4 35i
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Rochester, NY

iTrader: (0)

I hate to say it, but all he has to say now is that he never saw you before in his life. Always call the police over and get an official report. You don't have to file a claim, but you'll have documentation to support yourself.
__________________
2012 Z4 35i, ED 2/24/2012, Melbourne Red Metallic, Black Leather, Carbon Trim, 6MT, ///M Sport, CW, PP, PS, NAV, CA, LED Angel Eyes, red calipers, pedal covers, stubby antenna, Luxon strut bar, CF engine cover, LCI side markers, Extra Enjoyment Package.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2012, 03:50 PM   #25
Nv Z
New Member
United_States
0
Rep
27
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 Z4 35is
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Reno, Nevada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jparnes1 View Post
I hate to say it, but all he has to say now is that he never saw you before in his life. Always call the police over and get an official report. You don't have to file a claim, but you'll have documentation to support yourself.
Where I am, the cops won't respond on private property unless there is an injury.
It's easy to say as an afterthought, but I would grab the cell phone and start snapping pictures of everything and everyone I could for proof.
As far as those individuals saying 'people over 60 shouldn't be allowed to drive'...you will also be there before you know it!
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2012, 07:42 PM   #26
baldguyj
Private First Class
baldguyj's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
105
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 Z4 e89 35i Sdrive
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

I'm not for not allowing we should all have a test every 10 years. Then sooner after 70 or so. I also live in Florida and deal with silver hair drivers and tourist often so I may be tainted!
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2012, 03:26 PM   #27
baldguyj
Private First Class
baldguyj's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
105
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 Z4 e89 35i Sdrive
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Just talked to my Air Traffic Controller friend and mandatory retirement is 56... hummm
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2012, 04:00 PM   #28
Mr. ///M3 RD
Major General
Mr. ///M3 RD's Avatar
Canada
147
Rep
7,863
Posts

 
Drives: E350 & 280 SL on Weekends :)
Join Date: May 2010
Location: GTA, Ontario - Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nv Z View Post
As far as those individuals saying 'people over 60 shouldn't be allowed to drive'...you will also be there before you know it!
+1 my friend I so agree, something most folks here forget.

Mind you there are folks over 65 and then there are folks over 65. proper driving tests are nessesary to keep everyone on the road safe
__________________
Cheers, Rolf-Dieter

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 01:34 AM   #29
Otago
Second Lieutenant
7
Rep
220
Posts

 
Drives: 09 Z4 sDrive 30i manual
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisherman View Post
Hope you got his agreement to pay for the damage in writing. My elderly Mom had a similar incident where a young girl backed into her car and then pleaded with her to not report the accident to the police. Started crying- the whole nine yards....The girl said she would pay for all repair costs.

Mom was such a nice person that she felt bad for the girl and agreed not to report the accident . When she gave the estimate to the girl, everything changed ! You can guess what happened- the girl now claimed the accident wasn't her fault, and wasn't going to pay anything.

What a mess- I think Mom had to go through her own insurance company to get it fixed. Don't remember if they ever went after the girl or not, but it was definitely a good lesson in getting things in writing....

OMG! Sound horrible.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 06:31 PM   #30
NikkiZ4
Enlisted Member
NikkiZ4's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
43
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 z4 sdrive 35i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Woodland Hills, CA

iTrader: (0)

Update: fisherman was absolutely correct, I should have gotten it in writing.
Other driver got my estimate in the mail, called me and said he can't afford to pay and want to go through insurance. I made a call to my insurance company anf they have sinced informed me that other driver is caiming I backed into his car. Grr! Why are people so horrible?
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 06:59 PM   #31
z4z4z4
Lieutenant
z4z4z4's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
536
Posts

 
Drives: 2002 M3, 2011 Z4, & her 740Li
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: mild mediterranean breezes

iTrader: (1)

So sorry to hear your update. I would pay out of my pocket and wash my hands of the scum you came in contact.
__________________

BBS-ER-HPF-iJDM-LUX-MachtSchnell-PSS-Remus-Tekarbon
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 08:25 PM   #32
baldguyj
Private First Class
baldguyj's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
105
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 Z4 e89 35i Sdrive
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiZ4
Update: fisherman was absolutely correct, I should have gotten it in writing.
Other driver got my estimate in the mail, called me and said he can't afford to pay and want to go through insurance. I made a call to my insurance company anf they have sinced informed me that other driver is caiming I backed into his car. Grr! Why are people so horrible?
Not all but unfortunately many. Sorry to hear the bad news. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 10:31 PM   #33
Nv Z
New Member
United_States
0
Rep
27
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 Z4 35is
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Reno, Nevada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiZ4 View Post
Update: fisherman was absolutely correct, I should have gotten it in writing.
Other driver got my estimate in the mail, called me and said he can't afford to pay and want to go through insurance. I made a call to my insurance company anf they have sinced informed me that other driver is caiming I backed into his car. Grr! Why are people so horrible?
What a lowdown jerk.
I think I would take it to small claims court and see what happens.
On the other hand some people might say, you do know where he lives...
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 12:04 AM   #34
nickm9
Private First Class
2
Rep
185
Posts

 
Drives: E89 Z4 35i - Alpine White
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

That's awful!!! Piece of crap guy.....and I'm being diplomatic!!! Let us know how this pans out....hope you get it sorted.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 02:43 AM   #35
lux good
Banned
5
Rep
291
Posts

 
Drives: Z4 sDrive 23i & Q5 2.0 TSFI
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: England

iTrader: (0)

Do you want me to pay him a visit?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 09:24 AM   #36
NikkiZ4
Enlisted Member
NikkiZ4's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
43
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 z4 sdrive 35i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Woodland Hills, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lux good View Post
Do you want me to pay him a visit?
Thank you lux good, you gave me a good laugh!
My insurance company has been great, they are waiving my deductible, getting the car fixed next Monday (Waiting for replacement bumper and light) and the adjuster said that my premium will not go up.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 09:32 AM   #37
baldguyj
Private First Class
baldguyj's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
105
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 Z4 e89 35i Sdrive
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiZ4 View Post
Thank you lux good, you gave me a good laugh!
My insurance company has been great, they are waiving my deductible, getting the car fixed next Monday (Waiting for replacement bumper and light) and the adjuster said that my premium will not go up.
That is great news! Soon she'll be looking just like new.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 10:01 AM   #38
NikkiZ4
Enlisted Member
NikkiZ4's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
43
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 z4 sdrive 35i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Woodland Hills, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldguyj View Post
That is great news! Soon she'll be looking just like new.

Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 11:22 AM   #39
raven333
Private First Class
raven333's Avatar
2
Rep
175
Posts

 
Drives: Sapphire Black 3.0siM sport
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: United Kingdom

iTrader: (0)

Hi! he cannot claim you reversed into him, firstly the extent of the damaged and secondly it is obvious his car has run up yours, it would be different damage if you had reversed into him, I used to watch CSI.... lol but still accurate!
As for the nutters who call for people over the age of X should be subject to a blanket test/medical or some other bonehead idea clearly have not reached that milestone.......otherwise you would not be in such a hurry to label everyone ....is it not age that is the issue, the person you refer to would do exactly the same even if he was 30 or 40, its the person not the age!!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2012, 01:17 AM   #40
supakornl
New Member
0
Rep
7
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 Z4
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: USA.

iTrader: (0)

My Z4 just got hit by a trunk on rear quarter panel, just wondering if you know that the panel is bolted on or welded to the frame...Much appreciated...
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2012, 05:22 PM   #41
ManiacGT
Major
ManiacGT's Avatar
United Kingdom
21
Rep
1,346
Posts

 
Drives: Z4 sDrive 35i
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Manchester, UK

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to ManiacGT
Rear quarter/fender is part of the chassis and is not removable.
__________________
Black Sapphire BMW Z4 sDrive35i Mods: HiFi Tweeters Stubby LED Halos & Front Indicators DVDInMotion SmartTop 313 BMW Performance Alloys LCI Repeaters http://goo.gl/PF4nSz
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2012, 07:44 PM   #42
z4z4z4
Lieutenant
z4z4z4's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
536
Posts

 
Drives: 2002 M3, 2011 Z4, & her 740Li
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: mild mediterranean breezes

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by supakornl View Post
My Z4 just got hit by a trunk on rear quarter panel, just wondering if you know that the panel is bolted on or welded to the frame...Much appreciated...
Sorry supa. If our cars weren't so sexy I guess they wouldn't get Hit on so often. But seriously, I believe Trucks and some of their owners really dislike the Z4. I always say that just because their truck is a 2 seater doesn't make it a sports car. Good luck with your restoration to good-as-new.
__________________

BBS-ER-HPF-iJDM-LUX-MachtSchnell-PSS-Remus-Tekarbon
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2012, 09:41 PM   #43
Mayhem
Private First Class
1
Rep
184
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 Z4 sDrive35is
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Hollywood

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by z4z4z4 View Post
Sorry supa. If our cars weren't so sexy I guess they wouldn't get Hit on so often. But seriously, I believe Trucks and some of their owners really dislike the Z4. I always say that just because their truck is a 2 seater doesn't make it a sports car. Good luck with your restoration to good-as-new.
Having a truck and also a Z4, I can tell you sometimes it's had to see the Z4 when I am backing up.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2012, 09:43 PM   #44
morfinx
Shenanigans
morfinx's Avatar
United_States
21
Rep
1,231
Posts

 
Drives: E89 Z4 sDrive35i
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Austin, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
Having a truck and also a Z4, I can tell you sometimes it's had to see the Z4 when I am backing up.
That's why I feel the rear view camera legislation is a good idea.
__________________
E89 Z4 sDrive35i 7DCT "Zayna", Alpine White/Coral Red
E92 335i 6MT "Calixta", Space Grey/Coral Red [Retired]

Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:53 PM.




zpost
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST