New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

05-03-2011, 04:34 PM   #1
Frank Costanza
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 540i/6, Z4 35i

GTA cruise Sat May 7th

Date: Saturday May 7th
Time: 11:00am meet, departure closer to Noon
Meeting Place: Kennedy Commons AMC Theatre 33 William Kitchen Rd Toronto

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141854

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=519220

This is a LONG cruise, with some great scenic roads along the way. We will see: rock-faced walls on both sides of us; nothing but water in front as you grab 2nd gear for one particular hairpin with no guardrail; huge, beautiful lakes every few minutes; and finally, very little traffic to deal with. This is a true driving enthusiast's route: twisty, undulating roads, off-camber corners, elevation changes galore, etc.

The total round trip is about 500km. The roads and scenery will not impress until about 150km into the trip, shortly after the lunch stop. If you're not going to brave the whole day it's really not worth coming at all (don't say I didn't warn you!).

Important Reminders:
* Make sure your gas tank is full the morning of the cruise, and please do this prior to arriving at the meet spot. There is a Petro Canada with 94 octane on Kennedy just south of the 401 (1 min from the meet spot), please fill up there if your tank isn't at least 90% full.
* Food, food, food. Make sure you eat breakfast, as we will not be stopping for food until several hours after moving off (probably around 2-3pm)
* Co-pilot. Bring a passenger along to help you with the navigating as well as to keep you company. It's a long ride, and having someone with you will be a lot more fun.
* FRS radio. If you do not already have one of these, it can be a nice toy to have during the cruise. We will be on a designated frequency (channel 6, sub channel 9) so if you need to alert the group of something important and/or be alerted of the same, an FRS radio will be a great investment.
* Please, please drive safely. This means not passing unless given permission by the car in front, no burnouts where you're going to get spotted by an angry resident, leave space in front, and so on. I'll be going over a whole set of driving rules and signals for everyone to obey, those who don't will be asked to leave.
* A list of the turns on the route (complete with mileage milestones for each turn) will be handed out at the meeting place. Please remember to reset your odometers before we leave the meet spot, so you can follow the cumulative km guide of the map. Also, if you're pulled over by an officer, try not to give them the route please.
* Rain date is set for the following Saturday, May 14. A weather-based decision will be made by 9:00am May 7 if we need to resort to the rain date.

Hope some a you guys can make it out.
      05-06-2011, 07:23 AM   #2
integraworks
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 Z4 s35i

Coming to Muskoka are you? Just beware... the OPP are out in FORCE and they are very bored this spring. Seems the hike in fuel prices has every slowing down, so the ticket revenue is way off and they are looking for excuses.

BTW there is a LOT of construction this year on district roads. Forget about Brackenrigg & Windemere roads. Not sure if the hydro guys are off the road from Port Carling to Rosseau yet, they were there all last year. Wellington street bridge in Bracebridge is closed for the season making that town a nightmare delay on weekends.

I am working or would join up with you... enjoy.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 04:48 PM   #3
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

I'd be interested in a Z4 one and less than 500km (wow!), that's too long.

EDIT: how did it go?

Last edited by tranquility; 05-08-2011 at 06:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 02:09 AM   #4
Frank Costanza
Private First Class
Rep

It was awesome! Our route took us east. The guys who set it up did a fantastic job of setting up the route.

There were a couple stretches of road that were awesome. By 6:45 our tanks were running low and we were all exhausted. There were a few sections where we really opened it up.

Here's a couple pix from the cruise.

and finally moi

05-11-2011, 10:25 AM   #5
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

^Thx. I love how all your photos were shot nicely but the best one was saved for your Z4.

Was the total roundtrip really 500kms?
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 09:56 PM   #6
Frank Costanza
Private First Class
Rep

By the end of the day we were in Peterborough so including the drive back to my place downtown it was 500ish ya.