New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > E89 Z4 Photos / Video / Media Gallery

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-18-2010, 12:05 PM   #1
T89
Lieutenant Colonel
 
T89's Avatar
 
Drives: Z4 35i & Mini Cooper S
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Geneva & Joburg

Posts: 1,533
iTrader: (0)

One day after top is down...Vandalized.

After giving my car a wash after a whole day of top down driving (refer to this thread: http://e89.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=363208), I went to visit a friend. Left the car outside...bad idea.

Some punk decided to scratch off the 'Z' of the z4 insignia at the back You could clearly see that paint had come off. I was planning on debadging it anyway but this wasn't the method I had in mind.
Stupid punk also decided to tape the 'Z' to the back window. Only realized it was there while driving. Didn't take any pics as I just wanted to get home.

Not really upset at the fact that my 'Z' was off, but more upset as to why people do these kind of things. Have they really nothing better to do?

I admit that this is just a small incident and thankfully nothing serious but nonetheless it pains me to know that people are willing to do this kind of shit.

Took the car to my local dealer today. Decided to debadge the car completely. They touched up the area the paint had come off with some special product (no idea what it was) and paint. Looks so shit at the moment but they told me to come back next week so they can polish it or whatever once the product dries.

Here are some pics of the rear at the dealer. You can clearly see the 'Z' outline:







sDrive nonsense gone:






Ended the day on a positive though, as my black roundel overlays had just arrived from Bimmian.com:





T
T89 is offline   Switzerland
0
Reply With Quote
      03-18-2010, 01:59 PM   #2
juhap
Lieutenant
 
juhap's Avatar
 
Drives: sDrive35i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Finland

Posts: 530
iTrader: (0)



Unbelievable. I know what should be done to people like that, but I'd be breaking the law by just saying it.
juhap is offline   Finland
0
Reply With Quote
      03-18-2010, 03:22 PM   #3
Jon D
Colonel
 
Jon D's Avatar
 
Drives: F12 640i
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Scotland

Posts: 2,567
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by juhap View Post


Unbelievable. I know what should be done to people like that, but I'd be breaking the law by just saying it.
Couldn't agree with you more and I'd love to be the one doing it, but if your government is anything like ours, we'd be locked up whilst the cretinous a**hole who did the damage would be cosseted, counseled and put on state benefit for life.
Bad luck T89, if you catch the low-life send it to the States, they don't tolerate that sort of behaviour over there.
Jon D is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      03-18-2010, 04:26 PM   #4
bobbydog
Private First Class
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 105
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon D View Post
Couldn't agree with you more and I'd love to be the one doing it, but if your government is anything like ours, we'd be locked up whilst the cretinous a**hole who did the damage would be cosseted, counseled and put on state benefit for life.
Bad luck T89, if you catch the low-life send it to the States, they don't tolerate that sort of behaviour over there.
I wish! I have to be extra careful where I park the car. I've had accidents happened to my car from bad drivers in parking lots to rogue shopping carts. Not to mention people keying my car. Things like this happens everywhere and there's nothing we can do to stop it.
bobbydog is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-19-2010, 12:06 AM   #5
vladinecko
Brigadier General
 
vladinecko's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 3,900
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [4.50]
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
1994 BMW 325i  [0.00]
i completely feel for you. my car got broken into and semi-vandalized on new year's day and i wanted nothing but painful diseases for whoever did it.

the pain will only last a few months...
__________________
2011 E92 M3 - IB/Beige/Sycamore Wood/6MT/EDC/ZPP2/Nav/PDC/Heated Seats/iPod-USB/Enh. Audio
2008 E92 335i - Montego Blue/Black/Gray Poplar/6MT/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/PDC/Heated Seats/HDRadio/iPod-USB - Sold
2006 E90 330i - Mystic Blue/Black/Aluminum/6MT/ZPP/iDrive/PDC/Heated Seats/Sat. Prep - Sold
1994 E36 325i - Boston Green/Beige/Automatic/ZPP/Heated Seats/Premium Sound - Sold
vladinecko is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-19-2010, 12:24 AM   #6
flpnout
Major
 
flpnout's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Dinan S3 Z4-35i
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: San Francisco, CA

Posts: 1,223
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2010 E89 Z4  [4.00]
Send a message via AIM to flpnout
I hate when punks do stupid shit like this. I've had it happen twice on my previous BMWs while parked outside in San Francisco. I woke up one morning and the BMW emblem blinker on my previous E85 M roadster was stolen leaving me with a big hole on the passenger side. My BMW 135i coupe was broken into on the rear quarter window of the driver side and stole my Canon SLR that was hidden under the seat. My friend's BMW e85 roadster was broken into at the 6th Street & Mission garage while watching a movie at the Metreon. Some people really know how to inconvenience others!
__________________

2010 BMW Z4-35i AW/Red, 6-spd MT, Dinan Stage 3, Dinan Lightened Flywheel, Dinan FMIC, Dinan Pedals, Eisenmann Race Exhaust, KW v3, H&R Sway Bars, ACS Type 8 Forged Wheels w/ Michelin PSS, Alpine HID, and 3D Design lip & diffuser.
flpnout is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-19-2010, 10:08 AM   #7
dcs2k
Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Singapore

Posts: 434
iTrader: (0)

the vandals would have been flogged in public over here
dcs2k is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-19-2010, 11:39 AM   #8
T89
Lieutenant Colonel
 
T89's Avatar
 
Drives: Z4 35i & Mini Cooper S
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Geneva & Joburg

Posts: 1,533
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladinecko View Post
i completely feel for you. my car got broken into and semi-vandalized on new year's day and i wanted nothing but painful diseases for whoever did it.

the pain will only last a few months...
Quote:
Originally Posted by flpnout View Post
I hate when punks do stupid shit like this. I've had it happen twice on my previous BMWs while parked outside in San Francisco. I woke up one morning and the BMW emblem blinker on my previous E85 M roadster was stolen leaving me with a big hole on the passenger side. My BMW 135i coupe was broken into on the rear quarter window of the driver side and stole my Canon SLR that was hidden under the seat. My friend's BMW e85 roadster was broken into at the 6th Street & Mission garage while watching a movie at the Metreon. Some people really know how to inconvenience others!
I am somewhat relieved that nothing more serious was done to mine after seeing what happened to the both of you. I hate seeing these kind of things


T
T89 is offline   Switzerland
0
Reply With Quote
      07-22-2010, 12:26 PM   #9
tranquility
sportscars only
 
tranquility's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 1,371
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sg-e89 View Post
the vandals would have been flogged in public over here
That's why I LOVE Singapore!! If only it wasn't so crazy-humid and cars not so expensive.

OP, sad to read about that, didn't know there are punks in Switzerland. I would have imagined everyone was a millionaire and eating caviar over there. At least you're getting it sorted out. I really hate jealous ppl who take that extra step to vandalize...send them to Sngapore!
tranquility is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-22-2010, 02:02 PM   #10
T89
Lieutenant Colonel
 
T89's Avatar
 
Drives: Z4 35i & Mini Cooper S
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Geneva & Joburg

Posts: 1,533
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
That's why I LOVE Singapore!! If only it wasn't so crazy-humid and cars not so expensive.

OP, sad to read about that, didn't know there are punks in Switzerland. I would have imagined everyone was a millionaire and eating caviar over there. At least you're getting it sorted out. I really hate jealous ppl who take that extra step to vandalize...send them to Sngapore!
Everybody has that impression of Switzerland. But it's not exactly as straight forward as that. Sure everybody lives comfortably (no homeless, everybody has insurance etc) but you'll only find the super wealthy in cities like Geneva and its suburbs. Most of these are foreigners that have settled here including expats and diplomats. The real Swiss live in small villages in the country side. Most of them are not so pleasant. Very jealous and close minded IMO.


T
T89 is offline   Switzerland
0
Reply With Quote
      07-22-2010, 03:52 PM   #11
juhap
Lieutenant
 
juhap's Avatar
 
Drives: sDrive35i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Finland

Posts: 530
iTrader: (0)

^^

Next you're gonna tell me there's no Santa Claus
juhap is offline   Finland
0
Reply With Quote
      07-22-2010, 04:23 PM   #12
Wraith.
Captain
 
Wraith.'s Avatar
 
Drives: ED '11 Z4 35is
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Seattle

Posts: 787
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by juhap View Post
^^

Next you're gonna tell me there's no Santa Claus
Oh but there is... and he lives in Munich.
Wraith. is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-22-2010, 04:29 PM   #13
tranquility
sportscars only
 
tranquility's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 1,371
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith. View Post
Oh but there is... and he lives in Munich.
Why, did you get your Z for free??
tranquility is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-22-2010, 04:51 PM   #14
Wraith.
Captain
 
Wraith.'s Avatar
 
Drives: ED '11 Z4 35is
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Seattle

Posts: 787
iTrader: (0)

..ah good point... but Santa was never really free either. My folks used him as a form of behavioral modification.
Wraith. is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-22-2010, 08:00 PM   #15
bavarian19
General
 
bavarian19's Avatar
 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: VA

Posts: 18,805
iTrader: (23)

sorry to hear
bavarian19 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-23-2010, 09:40 AM   #16
Wraith.
Captain
 
Wraith.'s Avatar
 
Drives: ED '11 Z4 35is
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Seattle

Posts: 787
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarian19 View Post
sorry to hear
...thanks but I meant behavior mod as in "clean your room" or "Stop mentally abusing your little brother.. Santa is watching" sorta of stuff.
Wraith. is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:31 PM.




zpost
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST