New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

07-15-2010, 11:27 AM   #45
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Some are road worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueZ4AZ View Post
Grammer error? Huh? See Post #34. I answered the OPs question directly
Quote:
I've never gotten cut while speeding, or for that matter, injured in any other way, shape or form. I keep my arms inside the car and don't play with razor blades while driving. I've managed to stay blood-free during all the speeding I've done in my Z4.

However, I did stub my finger once, while pushing the CD into the slot too hard.
Blood-free?

But I'm in agreement we shouldn't make fun of people's writing on forum.

There's a lot of reasons why people may make mistakes while writing, including poor typing skills, primary vs secondary languages, or just general editing. In my case I have strabismus which makes yur i's x - LOL.

Professional writers or those who write a lot for their occupation, always need proofing and editing by someone other than the writer. You'd be surprised at the mistakes the best writers make that are missed until proofing, or noticed by the writer the next day.

When you write you tend to "play the track" of what you want to say in your head, and you tend to replay that "track" when you proof your own writing, and that's why mistakes are not picked up when you proof you're own material. Often good proofing and re-writing takes many hours or days.

Although it can be humorous at times, which is generally at another person's expense, we have to remember that people don't have that luxury here on the forum. Besides, the point is the enjoyment of our mutual infatuation - the Z4!
"Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end".-- Unknown

Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 12:04 PM   #46
Wraith.
Captain
Rep
Drives: ED '11 Z4 35is

Well said
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 01:02 PM   #47
BlueZ4AZ
Go SU
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
Safety tip, put all your CD's on the iPod then you be safe my friend
LOL.

One good joke always deserves another.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 01:12 PM   #48
BlueZ4AZ
Go SU
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by teagueAMX View Post
Blood-free?

There's a lot of reasons why people may make mistakes while writing, including poor typing skills, primary vs secondary languages, or just general editing. In my case I have strabismus which makes yur i's x - LOL.

Professional writers or those who write a lot for their occupation, always need proofing and editing by someone other than the writer. You'd be surprised at the mistakes the best writers make that are missed until proofing, or noticed by the writer the next day.

When you write you tend to "play the track" of what you want to say in your head, and you tend to replay that "track" when you proof your own writing, and that's why mistakes are not picked up when you proof you're own material. Often good proofing and re-writing takes many hours or days.

Although it can be humorous at times, which is generally at another person's expense, we have to remember that people don't have that luxury here on the forum. Besides, the point is the enjoyment of our mutual infatuation - the Z4!
Good point. I hear ya. My response was not to make fun of Rolf though. My intent was just to make some light of the fact that since English is not everyone's first language, grammer will not be 100% correct, as expected, and questions can sometimes be interpreted differently in English.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 01:13 PM   #49
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Good point. I hear ya. My response was not to make fun of Rolf though. My intent was just to make some light of the fact that since English is not everyone's first language, grammar will not be 100% correct, as expected, and questions can sometimes be interpreted differently in English.
I took it well, it wasn't mean spirited and quite humorous IMO.
"Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end".-- Unknown

Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 01:17 PM   #50
BlueZ4AZ
Go SU
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I took it well, it wasn't mean spirited and quite humorous IMO.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 09:32 PM   #51
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
teagueAMX .....

.... You always have the right words ...

+1

Cheers

Rolf-Dieter

PS. and I speak 4 languages and write 2 perfectly I think most of the time, mind you there are times I think in one language and type in another that is when the fun begins

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found

Last edited by Mr. ///M3 RD; 07-15-2010 at 09:33 PM.. Reason: minor edit .... smiles
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 10:10 PM   #52
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
teagueAMX .....

.... You always have the right words ...

+1

Cheers

Rolf-Dieter

PS. and I speak 4 languages and write 2 perfectly I think most of the time, mind you there are times I think in one language and type in another that is when the fun begins
I have trouble with one language. You sound like a very intelligent person. I appreciate your suggestions.

PS: I'm thinking of learning German. I understand it's difficult, but it is a very precise language, which I think I would enjoy far more than English.

Appreciate 0
      07-16-2010, 12:37 AM   #53
Dr Stig 2
Criminally Insane
Australia
Rep
Drives: Like a Demon!

Garage List
2010 BMW Z4 35is  [10.00]
2013 BMW X5 30d  [0.00]
I always liked the quote from Danger Mouse (UK cartoon character in the 80s and 90s) to his side kick, Penfold, the World's worst dressed hamster.

"Penfold, I speak 29 languages fluently...
...Unfortunately, gibberish isn't one of them."

Dr Stig
2010 Z4 35is
2011 X3 30d M Sport
Australia
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2010, 01:43 PM   #54
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
I have trouble with one language. You sound like a very intelligent person. I appreciate your suggestions.

PS: I'm thinking of learning German. I understand it's difficult, but it is a very precise language, which I think I would enjoy far more than English.
teagueAMX

Thank you for your kind words! As you know the more languages one speaks the more one appreciates the culture of that country. In my case it is German, English, French and Russian.

If you have the desire to learn a new language, you should. It is never to late as they say

I learned French since I worked with Machinists and Planners in a French Canadian shop environment in French speaking Canada. I learned it from tapes while driving. There are as you know many out there here is just one example. As they say "Just do it" Think of the fun time you might have during your next ED taking trips in the Alps before dropping off your car Mind you there is no place in Germany (except for the eastern part) where people don't speak English

Here is a link have a peek ... scroll down were the say "Learn German while driving your car"

http://www.maps2anywhere.com/Languag...age_course.htm

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2010, 02:55 PM   #55
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep

You're welcome.

One of my favorite lines is from one of my favorite movies, Bicentennial Man, "One is happy to be of service".

Appreciate 0
      07-16-2010, 10:11 PM   #56
mcbeee
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 Z4 s35i & '03 Z4 3.0i

Garage List
2003 Z4 3.0i  [5.00]
2001 Z3 3.0i  [0.00]
2009 Z4 s35i  [7.00]
As English is a derivative of German ( the Saxons), French (the Normans) Latin (the Romans) and a bit of Greek thrown in for fun I find a lot of words are easily understood in the other tongues, the grammar is what kills me. You should have fun....

PS: I wanted to learn German in school when I was a kid (the school system had a choice, French or German. We got French 'coz we had a teacher who spoke French) Bastards !
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2010, 04:48 AM   #57
clydebmwz4
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4

just got a camera speeding fine for doing 114km/h on a highway were 120km is the limit but for a short stretch the limit is set to 90km/h (just after a curve). Anyway, really enjoying the z4, next week will be heading to Spa Francorchamps !
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2010, 11:47 PM   #58
Projekt35i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4

i hope not. knock on wood
Appreciate 0