New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

11-23-2009, 06:29 PM   #1
mikeinaustin
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 z4 3.0 crimson red

toll tag location

Specifically for those of you in texas, where did you affix your tag? the instructions say it must go below where the mirror attaches to the windshield. i guess this is ok for most cars, but the z4 has this huge thing that attaches to the windshield (i guess where the rain sensor is located). So if it put it on the windshield directly below the mirror mount, that puts the tag in my line of sight and way down the windshield - looks horrible!

i understand that the tag must be 4 inches below the roof line as well. so i was wondering if i could place it to the right of that large mirror mount but 4 inches down?

here are the official instructions:
http://www.txtag.org/taginstall.php
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2009, 09:27 PM   #2
Memphis1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 SDrive 35i

i'm not sure if our windshields have reflective metal you might want to ask DOT, here in new england we have ez pass and we can order a transmitter that goes on our license plate holder instead of the windshield. people with E90's have it on their windshields without any trouble.
      11-24-2009, 08:31 PM   #3
adamcb
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 X5 M5.0, '12 335is Cabrio

I just hold mine up...

I live in Atlanta, GA, and I just hold up my Cruise Card to the windshield when I go thru. Never had an issue. I also an RFID tag for my subdivision gate so hold that one up, too.

I don't think I'd be able to see thru the windshield if I had to install both of them!

I know in the 7 series there is a metal plating on the windshield, except for around the mirror (and around the bottom center where you'd put a radar detector). In my 750 you have to hold the cruise card precisely in the spot without the coating or neither tag will work. But I don't believe that coating is on the Z4...

Adam

'09 Z4 3.5
'08 740i
Appreciate 0