New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

09-06-2015, 12:54 PM   #89
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
Honestly I googled it, and that was the first one that came up. But again, what I quoted should have cleared up any confusion. It states only 3 messages were missing, which they actually found through the recipients, They have/had the full listing of Brady's texts.
What Mr. Brady provided was a log/listing of messages, not the messages themselves, not the content. I know you have to see as shady the pattern of behavior and the convenient circumstances surrounding Mr. Brady's text messages.

Put yourself in the shoes of someone trying to get to the bottom of something. Put yourself in the shoes of someone who is well aware that they will be among the key individuals from whom historic details will be sought.

Ethically speaking:
  • As the former party, would you not see the latter individual's destroying a key item just before the meeting to question the latter party as duplicitous?
  • As the latter party, and having knowledge before one's specific meeting with investigators that they'd want content from an item one possess, would you destroy that item if you knew it contained no "incriminating" info? Would you hang on to it and work with investigators to find a way to share the the relevant content while preserving one's privacy re: non-work-related content? Would you make nothing available to the investigators, and only make anything available when one launches one's own appeal after investigators make a decision that is unfavorable to oneself?
Once again, specific guilt or innocence re: inflating the balls isn't the crux of what irks me about Mr. Brady and his comportment in the deflategate matter. What bothers me and what I have zero tolerance for is the appearance of impropriety that Mr. Brady surrounded himself with and used to create doubt, doubt that favored his position, rather than "from square one" doing everything possible to avoid creating or not reducing the element of doubt.

I'm sorry, but that's not how I was raised. It's not how I raised my kids. It's not what I expect of professionals. And it's certainly not what I expect of someone who's done no wrong and who could all but instantly show that to be so well before a formal investigation begins.

In my opinion, Mr. Brady should have from damn near "day one" (the day of or day after the AFC Championship game) simply removed himself from contemplation as a participant in the under inflation by going to the relevant officials and saying, "Here. Let me show you my texts/emails so you can see I was in no way involved." That quite simply is not what he did, and that is the problem I have with Mr. Brady. (Alternatively, and if it were the case, he could also have said, "Yes, I was aware the handlers had toyed with the idea of under inflating the balls, but as you can see, I discouraged them from doing so (or whatever it is he did do were he aware of what they were considering.")

If you look at my various comments in this and at least one other thread, you'll see that I've never been particularly concerned or distraught over the actual under inflation or who was party to it. My issue has been, and remains, the apparent lack of ethical, "in good faith" if you will, behavior displayed by Mr. Brady.

Why don't I care about the actual under inflation and its direct game-related consequences? Mainly because there's not ever been much doubt in my mind that hijinks like that occur, or at least happen. What goes through my mind is that even though it may happen, it's against the rules, and as such, in making it happen or ignoring that it has happened, one is knowingly taking a risk of not getting caught and (hopefully) benefiting from it's incidence. What that means is that if one gets caught, the right thing to do is just "come clean" about it to whatever is the most comprehensive extent one can.

As many folks have noted, the act itself was (1) minor and (2) devoid of game-play outcomes. The whole damn matter should never have gotten past an internal "discovery" meeting between Pats team personnel and the NFL. Such a meeting, with all parties truthfully and comprehensively disclosing the full extent of their roles should have been sufficient to preempt a full blown investigation such as that which we've seen drug through the news.

Mr. Brady's stonewalling actions were instrumental in making the thing go well beyond that. The man is clearly viewed by many as a role model and as such, his onus is to behave to an even higher standard of ethical conduct than are most folks. And pitifully, he just didn't.

All the best.

P.S.
I don't actually even care whether Mr. Brady was involved or not involved. As I've said, I am miffed over how he handled the matter.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2015, 10:07 PM   #90
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousdiz View Post
more then likely you are band wagon seahawks fan, or better yet a soon to be 6-10 9er fan

ahahha, this is the only thing that people say when they see seahawks fans.

it's almoost as if they have nothing else to say.

don't cry when brady and the bunch miss the playoffs this year.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2015, 11:17 PM   #91
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post

Because it is true - Article from the Seattle Times...

Why do you think the Sonics are no longer here?
Appreciate 1
      09-08-2015, 05:33 AM   #92
infamousdiz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: (17 X5M)gone 2018M3CS HERE

Quote:

Never has happened with tom at the helm.
      09-08-2015, 06:49 AM   #93
HFW003
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2024 M340i xdrive

Quote:
You're dreaming Trev!
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2015, 11:23 AM   #94
infamousdiz
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
He's not the best ever. He's a journeyman quarterback. That's what in saying. His teammates and coach make him look good. Put him on the rams and he'd be in obscurity. You wouldn't know who he is.
I cant even argue with you because that comment is so stupid we all now have become a little less smart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
I don't really want to get into this rats nest of a debate but I don't know that I agree with this. I do not think Tom is the best ever but he is also not what you describe. Lots of times the team wasn't strong but he kept them competitive. Lots of times he individually carried them in big games. Like him or not, he is a very composed and very smart QB with a good amount of talent. Not THE best ever but definitely one of the best in the NFL over the last 10 years... even on the Rams... well, maybe not the Rams but any other team
Welcome to this terrible debate, you describe him being somewhat good are you serious who are you putting ahead of him Dan "i could not win the big one" or peyton, come on. The only short fall in toms game is the long ball and mobility but his pocket awareness is off the charts. The only all stars he ever had was his O-line that the only argument you can have
      09-08-2015, 12:12 PM   #95
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

Quote:
I cant even argue with you because that comment is so stupid we all now have become a little less smart.

Welcome to this terrible debate, you describe him being somewhat good are you serious who are you putting ahead of him Dan "i could not win the big one" or peyton, come on. The only short fall in toms game is the long ball and mobility but his pocket awareness is off the charts. The only all stars he ever had was his O-line that the only argument you can have
One season with an all star receiver (Randy Moss) had them tun though the season undefeated blowing out teams.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2015, 03:28 PM   #96
infamousdiz
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
One season with an all star receiver (Randy Moss) had them tun though the season undefeated blowing out teams.
The best part of that is Toms long ball is sub par but moss was just that good and tom and randy clicked. Flacco throws the best long ball in the game right now IMO
      09-08-2015, 03:29 PM   #97
rr006rbc
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M440i GC

Quote:
The best part of that is Toms long ball is sub par but moss was just that good and tom and randy clicked. Flacco throws the best long ball in the game right now IMO
Drew Brees does it quite well too. At times, so does Rivers.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2015, 07:10 PM   #98
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFW003 View Post
You're dreaming Trev!

don't sleep on the phins this year.

go hawks
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2015, 06:21 AM   #99
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

He's not mobile. His long ball sucks, he has always had the best O line. Give him an average of line and he'd look average.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2015, 08:39 AM   #100
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:
He's not mobile. His long ball sucks, he has always had the best O line. Give him an average of line and he'd look average.
he hasnt had a great line lately. And he hasnt had any real weapons other than Gronk lately either.

Id put him above Peyton, who has had a good oline and multiple weapons his entire career.
Appreciate 1
      09-09-2015, 08:44 AM   #101
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Rothlisberger also. Quality throws over 20 yards and when pressured.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2015, 12:57 PM   #102
finaloption
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 f30 n26

Quote:
Never has happened with tom at the helm.

i remember because the Jets won the division on the last day..
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2015, 01:41 PM   #103
infamousdiz
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
since when has being mobile make a QB, Russel Wilson is a system QB his numbers suck and he and the seagurls should have never been in the supebowl.

You are blinded by hate, I think andrew luck is the real deal I would not hate on him becasue he plays for the girl scouts colts, Russell on the hand is overrated and mediocre

Sherman...is the truth

Last edited by infamousdiz; 09-09-2015 at 01:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2015, 01:46 PM   #104
infamousdiz
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by finaloption View Post

i remember because the Jets won the division on the last day..
That is correct. the god dam jets
      09-09-2015, 05:10 PM   #105
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

J E T S Jets Jets Jets!!!
Appreciate 1
      09-09-2015, 05:12 PM   #106
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Face it. If your a patriot fan he can do no wrong. Just like a liberal woman loves hillary. Everyone else hates his guts and realizes he's a journeyman quarterback and a liar and cheater like hillary.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2015, 05:59 PM   #107
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

Quote:
Face it. If your a patriot fan he can do no wrong. Just like a liberal woman loves hillary. Everyone else hates his guts and realizes he's a journeyman quarterback and a liar and cheater like hillary.
You would gargle his balls if he played for your team.
Appreciate 1
      09-09-2015, 07:02 PM   #108
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
since when has being mobile make a QB, Russel Wilson is a system QB his numbers suck and he and the seagurls should have never been in the supebowl.

You are blinded by hate, I think andrew luck is the real deal I would not hate on him becasue he plays for the girl scouts colts, Russell on the hand is overrated and mediocre

Sherman...is the truth

we will see what wilson does this season, his line is terrible.

i will agree he has been one lucky sob. but as a hawk fan, that is fine with me. keep your mistakes to a minimum and just keep winning.

i will make sure to be the first in this thread the moment the patriots miss the bus to the playoffs.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2015, 07:05 PM   #109
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

Quote:

+100, besides boston, i'm sure everyone hate the patriots. i actually liked tb. but after that one interview when someone asked him if he cheated, and he gave the most blatant look of a liar , and said no... i just couldn't support him anymore. you don't have to be an expert on body language to know when someone is lying, in front of a camera. it was so obvious.

also, no kam for week 1. very dissapointing. what a bitch
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2015, 06:25 AM   #110
infamousdiz
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You would gargle his balls if he played for your team.
inflated or saggy...deep throat....Shit I would let tom knock up my wife, tell everyone about it and raise that child like my own..HaHa