New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

02-08-2010, 09:59 AM   #1
funkahdafi
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: Z4 (E89) sDrive 35is

JB+ question

Hola,

I am going to order my 35i this week and was wondering about the JB+ tuning option. On their website they say, that you should be careful adjusting the JB+ to the full power, because it *could* create error codes in the ECU.

Any experience with this?

The default setting would not be enough for my taste so I would crank up the dial to get the most out of it. Which then would be perfectly enough for me. I can't afford having error codes on the ECU though (this will be a lease).
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2010, 12:57 PM   #2
mrboon
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Speeeed

Get JB3, and don't go higher than map 5. You will get no error codes, and much more power than JB+.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2010, 01:19 PM   #3
Chuck76
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 3.5i

A tech at Dinan told me that BMW knows if you have over boosted with or without error codes. I was planning on using the BT reader to clear it out, but this worries me a bit.

I also know that DINAN was try to market me, but I told them I'm not ready for them to take over my warranty on a 2.2k mile new car.

I think any experienced tech can check out the engine and know if you have overboosted or not, but I guess they can't really prove it without evidence.

Maybe that's what they meant.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2010, 03:40 PM   #4
funkahdafi
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: Z4 (E89) sDrive 35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by godius View Post
Get JB3, and don't go higher than map 5. You will get no error codes, and much more power than JB+.
I considered the JB3 but found that the JB+ better suits my needs. I don't need the extra power of the JB3 because I think that parts like the transmission and suspension are not built for such high power. My car will be a lease, so I will have to be soft.

350-360 HP and 450 NM sound just about perfect for me. So the JB+ should do it for me, unless it can be detected.

Their website says the standard setting will not be detectable.

Anyone here tried the highest setting on the JB+ and checked for error codes?
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2010, 03:45 PM   #5
bobbydog
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

I've just installed the JB+ and put it all the way to the max. It literally takes a minute to install or to take off on the Z4, and you feel a major improvement in power. No codes yet! I just wonder how is it compared to the JB3?
Appreciate 0