New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > E89 Z4 Photos / Video / Media Gallery

02-18-2013, 05:00 AM   #23
HowieZ4
Newbie!
Rep
Drives: Z4 35i

Ok will upgrade the front brakes and try it on the track before seeing if the back ones need to be done as well.

Thanks again for all the very helpful info javol. Will post photos once my mods are done!

BMW Z4 35i Havana
Cobb Tune (Stg1-360hp)
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 08:38 AM   #24
javol
Private First Class
Italy
Rep
Drives: Z4 35i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieZ4 View Post
Ok will upgrade the front brakes and try it on the track before seeing if the back ones need to be done as well.

Thanks again for all the very helpful info javol. Will post photos once my mods are done!
Your welcome, waiting for your pics
2012 Z4 35i DCT Black/Beige - 20" Vossen CV3, PB-Brake BBK, ///M Front Bumper, ///M Steering Wheel, Led Angel Eyes, Black Grille, Short Antenna - Tuning: JB4 Map 2, Custom Made 3" DPs & MPs, BMS Dual Intake - Desire list: 3D Design Front Lip, Meth Kit, FMIC.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 12:32 AM   #25
bk+
Rep
Drives: '08 white Z4 MC [wanted]

Where did you get the black/white BMW emblems for the centers?
I had CV3's for my accord awhile back, they are sick. Great taste!
Might get some again once I get a Z4... hoping for a white one, then would have to figure out which color CV3's to get! Good problem to have :P
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 11:04 AM   #26
javol
Private First Class
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk+ View Post
Where did you get the black/white BMW emblems for the
They are the 82 mm logos for the Z4 rear trunk, adapted with silicone glue, since the Z4 has smaller center caps that do not fit into the CV3 center bore.

I bought them in ebay.
2012 Z4 35i DCT Black/Beige - 20" Vossen CV3, PB-Brake BBK, ///M Front Bumper, ///M Steering Wheel, Led Angel Eyes, Black Grille, Short Antenna - Tuning: JB4 Map 2, Custom Made 3" DPs & MPs, BMS Dual Intake - Desire list: 3D Design Front Lip, Meth Kit, FMIC.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2013, 10:45 AM   #27
Swervd
Private
Rep
Drives: E89

really like how five spoke rims look on your car. Any plans to lower the car? I'm asking because I plan on getting 20's and lowering with h&r springs and trying to figure out the right setup without having rubbing or cutting rear fender well.
thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2013, 02:24 PM   #28
AdamGarciaTX
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 35is

Those look badass buddy! Good taste in rims! I like how all you see is a flat face and the rest disappears into your car. I like how big they are but am too scared to do it myself since mine is a daily driver and the roads in Houston, TX are complete shit.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 12:24 PM   #29
javol
Private First Class
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swervd View Post
really like how five spoke rims look on your car. Any plans to lower the car? I'm asking because I plan on getting 20's and lowering with h&r springs and trying to figure out the right setup without having rubbing or cutting rear fender well.
thanks
Rubbing issues….
Everything depends on the rear wheels offsets, not on the lowering spring kits or the 20 inches wheels.
1) On the front is really infrequent having rubbing issues at least you change the overall diameter of the wheel
2) On the rear, rubbing issues are possible… depending on the offset you chose!
Just for sharing, a 10” rear well works without any rubbing issues for offset values around 40.
You can go more aggressive if you want but in that case some rubbing is possible, eventually.
Lowering the car is not for me since it is my DD and I need to pass for 3 or more parking ramps every day…
If you are not on a budget, buy a set of KW V3, the best thing you can do if you like dropping your car !

Last edited by javol; 05-23-2013 at 03:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 02:36 PM   #30
javol
Private First Class
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamGarciaTX View Post
Those look badass buddy! Good taste in rims! I like how all you see is a flat face and the rest disappears into your car. I like how big they are but am too scared to do it myself since mine is a daily driver and the roads in Houston, TX are complete shit.
Thanks! go 20" is not sooooooo dramatic in terms of confort, just a bit.

The Z is quite soft on the stock suspensions (both adaptive and not).

The only thing i do is try to stay in "normal mode" around the town and use the "sport and sport+ mode" only on good shape highways.

Furthermore you have to consider that, eventought the 20" tires have a very low profile, they are not the stiff RFT !

Just a suggestion: if you go 20", train your mind repeating every day: "the rims are precious, stay away from sidewalks! - the rims are precious, stay away from sidewalks! - the rims are precious, stay away from sidewalks! ........ it sounds way better than: "Scrraaaatttcchhhhhh! %&#@&%..... the rims were precious, f*** sidewalks! "

Last edited by javol; 05-23-2013 at 03:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 03:14 PM   #31
Swervd
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by javol View Post
Rubbing issues….
Everything depends on the rear wheels offsets, not on the lowering spring kits or the 20 inches wheels.
1) On the front is really infrequent having rubbing issues at least you change the overall diameter of the wheel
2) On the rear, rubbing issues are possible… depending on the offset you chose!
Just for sharing, a 10” rear well works without any rubbing issues for offset values around 40.
You can go more aggressive if you want but in that case some rubbing is possible, eventually.
Lowering the car is not for me since it is my DD and I need to pass for 3 or more parking ramps every day…
If you are not on budget, buy a set of KV V3, the best thing you can do if you like dropping your car !

thanks a lot man. I'm going to go with your advice and get 10" in rear with offset around 40. I really want the KW v3 but unfortunately I am on a budget (been eating ramen noodles to save up for wheels) and I've read great things about the H&R springs with adaptive suspension.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 03:17 PM   #32
Swervd
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by javol View Post

Just a suggestion: if you go 20", train your mind repeating every day: "the rims are precious, stay away from sidewalks! - the rims are precious, stay away from sidewalks! - the rims are precious, stay away from sidewalks! ........ it sounds way better than: "Scrraaaatttcchhhhhh! %&#@&%..... the rims were precious, f*** sidewalks! "
Hahhaah...train you must young padawan
Appreciate 0