New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

08-31-2016, 08:12 PM   #1
Vetracr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW Z4 3.0

Oil cooler installation

I have a 3.0is where I plan to install a remote oil cooler. I've checked the parts diagrams and I can remove the existing oil/water heat exchanger at the oil filter houssing and install the 3.5is thermostat housing with an adapter for -10 hose adapters with braided lines to a 26 row oil cooler in front of the radiator. My question relates to the water hose that goes into the existing water/oil heat exchanger. The thermostat housing has no port for this water line. This water line tees off from the hose that runs from the block to the water pump. The ECS parts diagrams show a similar hose on the 3.5is going to a 3.0 oil/heat exchanger. Although shown on the diagram there is no part number listed for this hose. Does this hose exist on a 3.5is and if so where does it go? Ideally I'd like to just like to plug the hose going into the oil/heat exchanger on the 3.0. My concern is that if I block off this hose I might screw up the water flow through the block. I can't find any schematic for the engine water flow so any advice would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2017, 03:36 PM   #2
STR8-6IX
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: RWD 528i N52

I know this isnt exactly what you are looking for, but removing my plastic engine cover during warm weather helped keep temps almost 50f lower then usual.
Appreciate 0