New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

01-07-2013, 09:05 AM   #1
heilars
Rep
Drives: E92 m-sport

Need help. E89 door handles.

Hey guys! Could you please take a picture of your E89 door handle, that shows "inside" it. I want to know how the LED looks/are placed. Im going to install the lights-package on my car. Have all the components ordered, but i think the non-light-package door handle is the same as the light-package one.. But Im not sure. I need pictures of the ambient lightning inside the car too, so i can se how it should look..

So if you guys who have the light-package on your E89, pleas help me, I could make a DIY on how to install it

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 01:56 PM   #2
raven333
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Sapphire Black 3.0siM sport

Hi! I think you may find you need the base plate under the door handle as the led's (two of!) fitted onto a plastic chassis which slotted into the base plate!!!
The ambient light being orange in colour comes out of the mirror assembly!
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 02:46 PM   #3
heilars
Rep

thank you for your replay. i think maybe youre wrong. because on my car without the leds in the door handle there is some white plastic in the middle of the handle where ot looks like the leds should sit.. but im not sure. thats why i need a close up picture of this. and my car has the orange leds over the mirror too, but im thinking of installing the lights for the interior door handle and the light-stripe on the side of the doorpanel. is this standard on us cars? not in norway for some reason..
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 03:14 PM   #4
ManiacGT
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive 35i

I'm not sure if this is what you wanted;

Are you also going to install the fibre optic lights that come with extended ambient lighting?

Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 03:32 PM   #5
raven333
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Sapphire Black 3.0siM sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by heilars View Post
thank you for your replay. i think maybe youre wrong. because on my car without the leds in the door handle there is some white plastic in the middle of the handle where ot looks like the leds should sit.. but im not sure. thats why i need a close up picture of this. and my car has the orange leds over the mirror too, but im thinking of installing the lights for the interior door handle and the light-stripe on the side of the doorpanel. is this standard on us cars? not in norway for some reason..
It is not a matter of my being wrong as my car had the lights, but given you have the plastic piece infill (and clearly I have no idea what is on your car) which obviously once removed will allow the external handle led's to be fitted, as this is the only thing that fits there and provided the wiring loom is there to connect it, but I maybe wrong about this as well!!! I am sure there are others who can assist further!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 03:37 PM   #6
nickm9
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E89 Z4 35i - Alpine White

Maniac where is that ambient lighting strip?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 04:01 PM   #7
ManiacGT
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickm9 View Post
Maniac where is that ambient lighting strip?
Under the arm rest in the door..
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 10:03 AM   #8
heilars
Rep

ManiacGT; Thank you for your pictures! Could you take a picture of the led in the outside door handle too?

raven333; I may have sounded rude when i said your wrong, sorry for my bad english, im norwegian. I only ment that since i could only find one part# for the doorhandles it must be the same part wheter you have leds, or not?
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 04:11 PM   #9
ManiacGT
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by heilars
ManiacGT; Thank you for your pictures! Could you take a picture of the led in the outside door handle too?

raven333; I may have sounded rude when i said your wrong, sorry for my bad english, im norwegian. I only ment that since i could only find one part# for the doorhandles it must be the same part wheter you have leds, or not?
Here u go..

Appreciate 0
      01-30-2014, 04:00 PM   #10
mikeinaustin
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 z4 3.0 crimson red

heilars, did you ever get this retrofit to work?
Appreciate 0