New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

01-14-2017, 09:02 PM   #1
cruisingdownthestreet
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Z4

Where can I shop for spoilers and wings that's not eBay?

Hi all, as title suggests. I'm new to the modding scene.
      01-14-2017, 09:23 PM   #2
mikeyymonster
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Vendor classified section.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2017, 03:09 PM   #3
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 X5M Alpine White on Sakhir

What's wrong with eBay? EBay, Amazon, etc and most all online sites aren't manufacturing anything, they're just retailers. You've gotta ignore price and shop by good reviews. If that old mantra was true of "you get what you pay for" then our $80k-$100k vehicles would be more reliable as $20k Civics. There are vendors on these forums and other forms forums like it that have charged an arm and a leg for garbage.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2017, 03:10 PM   #4
cruisingdownthestreet
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james View Post
What's wrong with eBay? EBay, Amazon, etc and most all online sites aren't manufacturing anything, they're just retailers. You've gotta ignore price and shop by good reviews. If that old mantra was true of "you get what you pay for" then our $80k-$100k vehicles would be more reliable as $20k Civics. There are vendors on these forums and other forms forums like it that have charged an arm and a leg for garbage.
browsing for more variety
      01-16-2017, 02:26 AM   #5
Vigilante375
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 AW 6M 135i

You could search the vendor section or go to google search there.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2017, 06:47 PM   #6
N0Chill 335i
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' F30 335i M Sport AW

Majority of vendors get their pieces from the same Asian markets/manufacturers as Ebay/Amazon then charge you double and triple for that product. Just an FYI if you didn't already know.
Appreciate 1
      01-16-2017, 07:02 PM   #7
The Wind Breezes
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55 DCT

What you're looking for is a shop that will make you a custom wing.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2017, 07:06 PM   #8
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep

^ this!! Unless they're custom made parts, this is true for just about EVERY retailer in the U.S. I don't care that they do it, buyer beware, I'm just sick of them trying to blow smoke up everyone's ass after they bought them in bulk and somehow the same products became better because it's got their name on the box now. There was a funny Top Gear episode I'm remembering now where they put a Porsche badge on an oven mit, BMW badge, etc and it was quite funny but true.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2017, 07:53 PM   #9
tom @ eas
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Not 100%. Lots of reviews (even some on this forum) are either the companies themselves under fake accounts or members reimbursed with cash back or free product.

Much of eBay is counterfeit parts using stolen photos. Stick with M-Performance or known major brand names.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2017, 08:25 PM   #10
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep

I never said 100%. Even good vendors have sold counterfeit products and provided terrible service, but purchasers had to justify their purchases because they spent a lot and defend their wallet. Hell, look at every Dinan products...well engineered but typically have the worst history horsepower to dollar ratio out there...but they get that badge that, which means a lot to the vanity people lol. Yes, there's fake reviews by companies small AND big, theirs reviews by those who are personally invested in their pride before they'll ever admit it was a poor purchase; proving my point that the most expensive doesn't guarantee quality.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2017, 08:16 AM   #11
Mirko
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: E86 Z4M, E90 328i, E84 X1

Try Aliexpress. Why buy from ebay or vendors that are buying from these guys. Get the part at their wholesale cost. I picked up a carbon fiber wing direct from the factory via Aliexpress at much cheaper than the same part was being sold via a US company. Shipping was super fast, think 5-7days from order I had it at my door.
08 M Coupe • Ceramic Black Fabspeed Headers • MCS 1WNR • Poly FCAB • Stoptech BBK • Vibra-Tech • Epic Tune • Apex EC7 • RPI Scoop • Eventuri • Stromung • Rogue X Pipe • Varis Diffuser • CF E92 GTS Wing • CF Roof
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2017, 09:09 AM   #12
3GFX
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW Z4 3.0i

APR is the standard for proper aerodynamic spoilers for racing. I ended up buying mine off ebay. Here are a few other places when I was recently looking.

Seibon Carbon
http://seiboncarbon.com/store/produc...r-gt-wing.html

NRG
http://www.getnrg.com/index.php?rout...ry&path=59_105

APR
http://aprperformance.com/

CadID...general parts
https://www.carid.com/

Aliexpress / eBay are good places, just read info carefully and read the vendor reviews. DO YOUR RESEARCH!
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2017, 05:50 PM   #13
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirko View Post
Try Aliexpress. Why buy from ebay or vendors that are buying from these guys. Get the part at their wholesale cost. I picked up a carbon fiber wing direct from the factory via Aliexpress at much cheaper than the same part was being sold via a US company. Shipping was super fast, think 5-7days from order I had it at my door.
I've looked at that site but it always seems sketchy, listings that make it seem like you've gotta but 10 just to get a good deal and generally looks like a poorly layed out mess. Then it seems like if you wanna buy, it's even sketchier as it appears there's zero eBay/PayPal protection (I'm using that statement loosely) and you're stuck with it if it doesn't work out vs eBay where must sellers will drop their pants at the threat of bad feedback if something is wrong that I've purchased.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2017, 06:10 PM   #14
Mirko
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: E86 Z4M, E90 328i, E84 X1

Quote:
I've looked at that site but it always seems sketchy, listings that make it seem like you've gotta but 10 just to get a good deal and generally looks like a poorly layed out mess. Then it seems like if you wanna buy, it's even sketchier as it appears there's zero eBay/PayPal protection (I'm using that statement loosely) and you're stuck with it if it doesn't work out vs eBay where must sellers will drop their pants at the threat of bad feedback if something is wrong that I've purchased.
I was skeptical at first and I spent a lot of time researching the site and finding a decent vendor with a few years on the site and decent reviews. The downside was I lost a few hundred but the upside was I saved approx. $1,000.

Even after all that I still ran into some issues. The vendor I bought from had odd measurements listed so I had him confirm it via their messaging system to make sure I knew what I was getting. They get inches and cm mixed up on there a lot. Then, when I received the wing it had a little damage in the clear coat in the corner and the vendor accepted my dollar amount for a reimbursement the next day. It was quick and pretty easy. You have x amount of days to file a claim via Aliexpress and if you can't mediate yourselves I believe they step in.

Take a read of their buyer protection.

http://sale.aliexpress.com/buyerprot...00016.4.q2jGgD

Hope that helps and if you do use them best of luck
08 M Coupe • Ceramic Black Fabspeed Headers • MCS 1WNR • Poly FCAB • Stoptech BBK • Vibra-Tech • Epic Tune • Apex EC7 • RPI Scoop • Eventuri • Stromung • Rogue X Pipe • Varis Diffuser • CF E92 GTS Wing • CF Roof
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2017, 06:57 PM   #15
sales@vivid
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5 DCT

The problem with importing your own parts from China is the buyer protection. I have had customers try that before, and be left with broken parts sitting on their door step that might as well be a paper weight. There are a broad range of different manufactures that can get you what you what you are wanting. True, some are from china (usually the less expensive stuff), others are from germany, where you are going to pay for top notch product, some from japan, and some are made right here in the USA. We only work with proven manufactures, and stand behind all of the products that we sell. If there happens to be any issue, we will take care of you right away to make sure you are happy.

Feel free to shoot me a PM, and i would be happy to present you with some options.
Appreciate 0